What's new

HMK #25 With Decay

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
The King of the Bill and "Goro Gainz" joins us this week to discuss the recent tier lists by the UK and Yomi's own DJT as well our thoughts on MKX for 2016 and the season 2 finals of ESL. As always the good stuff is below so relax and enjoy :D

Topics:
Start: - Decays thoughts on MKX and how he came to settle on Goro as a main. Goro discussion as well.
21:00 - The Juice: UK tier list and DJT's variation tier list.
1:13:00 - Can you cover a matchup 100% by playing the same person over and over?
1:22:00 - What will 2016 mean for MKX?
1:36:00 - ESL week 8 review and finals thoughts. What we'd like to improve if there is a third season.
1:50:00 - Rundown of favourite 2015 moments.

MP3 Version

Attachments

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Huh, that tag didn't alert me.

I have a thought about the controversial placement of Jax, Erron, D'vorah and Mileena on the tier lists. People stuck in the past. Jax and Mileena did not play the day one meta of MKX particularly well, and Jax's combos didn't even work. Erron and D'Vorah had, and still have, crazy offense that seems impossible to play against until it's labbed. Then they gave Jax his combos and fixed the Khanum up a bit too. Erron got nerfed, and D'Vorah lost her cancels twice. Now we are just starting to see competent Jax and Mileena players do well, Errons don't exist and poor Honey Bee is alone is the insect wasteland.

EDIT--
That sounds wrong, I mean the reason people are upset with it is they are stuck in the past. I like where those characters are after the @Undeadjim edit puts jax and tremor up where they belong.

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Wouldn't a Bob Ross cosplay be more appropriate for Jim? #JimRoss #ButNotLikeThat #MaybeItShouldBeActually #ThatFeelWhenMuricansWouldBeMindfuckedHearingSlobberknockerInABrummyAccent

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Enjoyed the podcast!

Doesn't d'vorah have a second pretty notable representative though? Blind Ducky hasn't been as consistent in this game but I'd still consider him a pretty high level player. I think Pimpim Jim plays him too, although he also hasn't been as consistent (or traveled that much).