What's new

Hitbox Controller for SF?

How well do Hitbox controllers work for a game like SF?? I play MK on xbox, and obv PS4 is where the new STV is at, but I don't wanna buy one for each console....... So what game is it most suitable for? And are their ways of purchasing one and using on both consoles?

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
...???

That was horribly written up, but I think if you got an XBone hitbox, you may have to use a converter to get it to work on a PS4. As for what game its more suitable for....I suppose that is up to preference. Many could argue Mortal Kombat because of the simple directional inputs.

...???

That was horribly written up, but I think if you got an XBone hitbox, you may have use a converter to get it to work on a PS4. As for what game its more suitable for....I suppose that is up to preference. Many could argue Mortal Kombat because of the simple directional inputs.
Sorry, doing it on the phone is a pain. I dont own one yet, but want too. However I want to suss which console to buy it for. If they aren't great for street fighter then I wouldn't get it for ps4, esp if I can get xbox one and use a converter

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I suppose it would depend on which character you play in street fighter. Charge based might be nice on hitbox because of the ease of BF inputs. Whereas grapplers, with their 720's and whatnot might be more difficult. I plan to use one for SFV and I plan to main Gief so I've got my work cut out. They have a lot of helpful input videos on their YouTube channel for a variety of games. Definitely check them out. They helped me a lot when coming to my decision.

I would love to be able to use for MK as well, but not buying two because two consoles. Doubt I would play MK on PS4

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
Being a hitbox user for a few years now I find it works for every game, the diagonal inputs never bother me because I roll my fingers from down to forward etc, and there are how to hitbox tutorials for things like 720 motions

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
How well do Hitbox controllers work for a game like STF?? I play MK on xbox, and obv PS4 is where the new STV is at, but I don't wanna buy one for each console....... So what game is it most suitable for? And are their ways of purchasing one and using on both consoles?
They make multi-console hitboxes. I used mine on SFIV and it made a lot of things much easier (as a C. Viper player there were a lot of high-execution techniques that were made easier by the Hitbox). Never had an issue with diagonals except when leaving respect points in MKX; 8 is as high as I can leave.

I also highly recommend buying an official hitbox from www.hitboxarcade.com. The guys who make them are awesome and they have amazing customer service.

They make multi-console hitboxes. I used mine on SFIV and it made a lot of things much easier (as a C. Viper player there were a lot of high-execution techniques that were made easier by the Hitbox). Never had an issue with diagonals except when leaving respect points in MKX; 8 is as high as I can leave.

I also highly recommend buying an official hitbox from www.hitboxarcade.com. The guys who make them are awesome and they have amazing customer service.
Multi console as in Xbox One and PS4 cause if so I couldn't find one on their site

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Multi console as in Xbox One and PS4 cause if so I couldn't find one on their site
Yeah, it's the standard ps/360 Hitbox. You just have to manually update the drivers to make it work on PS4, but it's really easy to do. That's what I currently use. The only downside is you have to "reset" it at least once every 8 minutes because the PS4 is a shitty system that will disconnect certain 3rd party controllers. It takes about 3 seconds to do the reset, so I just do it between matches. Now I do it without even thinking about it, so it's really not a big issue.

Eh, they're usable but I would say they're probably harder to use than a regular stick/pad. If you like them go for it, but the only reason I can see to use one is personal preference.

Unless you wanna grapple. In that case you're wayyyyyy better off on stick.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Does it work on Xbox One?
I'm not positive, but I believe so. If you email the owners, they should be able to answer that for you.

And there are a ton of benefits over stick. Total precise control. No accidental jumping or crouching. Back-forward, up-down, and vice versa inputs are much easier and more precise. Most grappling inputs have shortcuts you can take advantage of. They have a whole video series on the benefits and techniques.

Accidental jumps are just you making a mistake in your inputs. Having a hitbox doesn't remove your ability to screw up. If you practice on stick/pad you should pretty much never have an accidental jump. Ever.

Also the grapple shortcuts work on stick too. You can do a stand 720 just fine on stick.