What's new

Question Hit confirming D1D2 into LK?

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Can anyone consistently (and I mean close to 100%) land D1D2 > LK? We're talking a real time match against a real opponent.

I have a hard time confirming the down into down, right, 1. Was this just poor designing or can someone do it ALL the time? If so, how?

Do you use dPad or stick?

Because frankly, relying on D1D2D3 for lows sucks -_-

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
I use an xbox controller and I've gotten pretty used to doing it. When I go for d12 and hit confirm it into lightning kick, I sort of look at as a "jump" from the d2 to the lightning kick.

for most of the hit confirms in this game I look at the string and special as a whole. one smooth input. d1d2 into LK for me is different than any other in the game. I look at the d1d2 seperately from the LK and it seems to work for me. alternately you can just hit confirm into a MB sonic pound but it's a bit harder to combo into

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
i'm not really sure what you're asking here. Do you mean do d1d2, and then only do LK if the d1d2 hits (and stop at d1d2 if they block)? Or do you just mean doing d1d2 LK consistently? If it's the second, the only time I screw this up is if I accidentally do d1 into Running man stance instead of d1d2, which happens maybe like 1% of the time

If you mean actually using d1d2 as a true hit confirm like cr.LK, cr.LP, cr.MP links or something in SF4, then no, I definitely do not do that.

Anyways, I use a madcatz fightpad (the SFxT one), and I find that once you do d1d2, you have to let go of down before you do the df1 for Lightning Kick to get it consistently. It's the same with all crouching attacks into a special that has a down input, I think. You have to let go of down before you do the next down input. So like...d1d2, neutral, df1

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
i'm not really sure what you're asking here. Do you mean do d1d2, and then only do LK if the d1d2 hits (and stop at d1d2 if they block)? Or do you just mean doing d1d2 LK consistently? If it's the second, the only time I screw this up is if I accidentally do d1 into Running man stance instead of d1d2, which happens maybe like 1% of the time

If you mean actually using d1d2 as a true hit confirm like cr.LK, cr.LP, cr.MP links or something in SF4, then no, I definitely do not do that.

Anyways, I use a madcatz fightpad (the SFxT one), and I find that once you do d1d2, you have to let go of down before you do the df1 for Lightning Kick to get it consistently. It's the same with all crouching attacks into a special that has a down input, I think. You have to let go of down before you do the next down input. So like...d1d2, neutral, df1

I actually meant the first. I didn't mean with just LK but sonic pound as well but as of right now I'm accustomed to using LK, which is why I said it.

So basically sounds impossible right? I'm thinking just special all the time because they are safe

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Yeah, offline I can get it 95% of the time. To practice, set the comp to block random and try to learn to hit confirm it. Online I have to yolo guess it because I can't even hit confirm f23 breath with superman in lag.

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
I *think* I know what you're talking of and what the problem is. doing the partial d1,d2 cancel into a special that has down as a part of the input?

If so try holding (for the lightning kick special) down+back while inputting 1, 2. Then pad or stick doesnt matter slide to forward and in put 1.

This should give you a low 2 hit string with the nut kick combo'ed in. Given that down+back is a different input than down, the game still lets the special fire while you still get D1,D2 or what ever you want out.

If I'm wrong... well sorry. I'm not all that bright ;)

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
oh and i used stick, before getting my hitbox. But doomsdays D1,chop has the same principal- if youve been crouch blocking a minute. but the theory applies regardless

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Interesting information but it isn't too applicable to scorpion and can also sometimes lead to speed dodge coming out sometimes during because of imprecision.

yeah I use alternate and use df if I am walking foward or db if walking back. Helps avoid random RMS or kicks etc.