What's new

Hi, I'm New

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Hey everybody! I came to this site because I purchased Mortal Kombat 9 for my dad on Christmas and actually became a fan of it myself. Before that, I hadn't played MK since Trilogy, so it's been a good 15 years. I'm mainly a Marvel player that plays Street Fighter on the side. I found this site through Tom Brady's constant promotion on various youtube videos and thought I'd join the community. I am literally a noob, so I'll be asking questions that most of you may find silly, since you've been playing this game since April. Thanks for having me :D

gdf

Noob
C'mon zero, maybe this is the one that the prophecy foretold of.

Welcome Oh chosen one.

Justice

Noob
Welcome! Yeah, Jade is low-tier but I believe in the right hands, any character can be boss. It just means you'll have to work harder than some others.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
:\Welcome to the community.

Seeing as some are already throwing advice at you, here's mine. Experiment with every character who even slightly interests you. Not only will you eventually find that one character who you will love, but you will also come to learn other character's move sets and be able to adapt/predict with the character roster.

Lastly, dont go online. ever. dont even touch the damn thing. :\

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I play Jade because this Duneboo guy inspired me with his tutorial video, and she's just sexy :).

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I play Jade because this Duneboo guy inspired me with his tutorial video, and she's just sexy :).
Just so you know, that video is dated June. This game has gone through A LOT of changes since then, so some of those techs/combos may not work anymore.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
LIES!! ALL LIES!! DON'T FOLLOW THE DARK LIGHT.

Come,child. Join us.We will truly be proud of having another member of the "tier whores" I suggest Kabal , Cyrax , Kung Lao and Jax.

LOL JK I play Reptile

...not anymore,though.After...a...traumatic...experience...

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Just so you know, that video is dated June. This game has gone through A LOT of changes since then, so some of those techs/combos may not work anymore.
Yeah, I remember this game used to get patched like, twice a month since June and everybody would go nuts because Cyrax just gets new 100% resets xD.

jamessmk

I am your god
Welcome, my best advice is play whom ever you want an level up. Every character in this game can be a good opponent to fight. Learn multi styles of playing you character and keep em guessing