What's new

Hi All, Looking For Some Tips for Beginner

psde2

Noob
Hellow Everyone,

I am new to this forum and quite frankly new to fighting games.
I have been working on getting better at the game Injustice: Gods Among Us, but I feel like I am not making any progress.

Could anyone perhaps share with me any inside tips on how to train myself to be better?

I have been spending quite amount of time in training mode to practice character combo/execution, but I also go online to play against other players frequently to get a better feel for how the game is supposed to be played. (Being able to pull off a combo against AI's are very is very different from doing it on another player)

Despite all my efforts, majority of the times I play in online mode I end up having my behind kicked pretty hard ( I use Batman and Superman mostly. With Superman I am able to get close and do damage and occasionally spam his lasers to win. However, with Batman, there is literally no way for me to get close to the opponent, especially someone like Deathstroke or Catwoman)

I realize characters match up also play a crucial part in this game; knowing each character's weakness and choosing someone else that can exploit said character's weakness may just help you win the game with ease.( Not sure if this is true, but I feel like Deathstroke generally has an easier time dealing with Batman since he could just sit back and shoot his gun all day).

However I feel like my problem is something far more fundamental than knowing your enemy's strengths and weaknesses. ( I know majority of the time Deathstroke is probably gonna shoot at me with his guns when I play against him as Batman, and so I should try to evade the bullets from either ducking or jumping to get close to him. But I end up not being able to do what I just said and just end up dying to his bullets)

Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I am currently playing the game on PS3 with a Madcatz TE fightstick ( I know this is personal preference, but I find it extremely difficult to play Injustice using PS3 controllers)

Also, I am looking for people to practice with. If you don't mind practicing with a novice, please let me know!

I realize this is a long post, but if you read the entire thing then thank you very much for reading.

psde2

Noob
Hi Alien Substance,

Thank you very much for reading :)
I actually saw that video before. I am waiting for his future episodes haha.
But in the mean time I want to see if there are any other ways to get better, and luckily for me you guys actually have a forum Injustice :)