What's new

Here's a pretty triggering thought

Error404

Noob
NRS has ported over several entire characters from previous games , just so you can fight them for 2 rounds, as NPCs in the story mode. And yet , they didn't even bother with many specials and/or variations from both MK9 & X. Why ? What's the point? Why doesn't LK have Light/Dark stance and Windmill punches? Why doesn't Kung Lao have his Hat Tricks moves? Why can't Noob use shadow portals as a move ? The list goes on and on...

All of these moves and many more SHOULD be in the game. And yet they are just...not.Even worst , this is the game where "past and present meet" , or whatever the tagline was. And you supposedly could pick your moves , which turned out to be a lie.

All of this is made even worse , when you remember , people legit worked 60-80 hour weeks , for months at a time , making MK9 & X characters. And a huge portion of their effort was thrown away, only to have them now do it all over. Pretty shit move there , NRS.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Because they were cool moves? Why should previous moves be removed to make a new game? They even removed classics like Hellfire and Sonyas leg grab.
interesting question .... yep, MK11 has some useless and bad special moves .... that could be easily replaced for something better used in MK9 and MKX , for the same character.

anyway, seems that will be an already defined tradition, and so, you can expect MK12 to follow up this same tendency, with strange clunky moves taking place of others that could be fine recycled from past, to fit the new game ....

and don't forget: who will be absent from the game and will have the special moves "stolen" to be given to Kitana in MK12, hmmmm ? hehe :p

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
They have done this since MK1. As far as storymode goes....the NPCs from MKX which was Tanya who had entirely different moves other than I think the fireball until she was released as an actual DLC. I can't remember. And Sindel/Rain and Baraka were just largely sped up, made it seem like they were going to release them at some point but of course did not. I will say that I do miss how some characters played in other games as well and think they still hold their own. I will agree that I do find it odd that especially in MKX some of the characters that were not playable had more presence in the story and better/more developed designs than the actual fighters feels a bit like a waste. I still think despite everything people may or may not like about the game, this has probably the best story. The others I just played once and was done. This one I have watched or played through a couple times.