What's new

Her Majesty's Kouncil Episode 6 W/ UndeadJim, ENDeverMORE & Thegabstandard.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Episode 6 of HMK is our farewell to Injustice, with MKX only a week away Injustice is definitely taking the back seat so we come together to discuss some of favourite moments from the games tournament life along with what to look forward to for MKX.

Usual stuff is below, enjoy :)

MP3 link - http://www.mediafire.com/download/dbyrk46pwxe74g9/HMK+ep6.mp3

Time stamps for topics:

Intro & - Greatest Villain of Injustice? Can be character or player.
14:00 - Favourite newcomer?
21:00 - Most important lesson from Injustice?
33:50 - Biggest downplayer?
43:10 - Biggest up-player?
55:00 - Favourite tournament match/s?
1:11:20 - Biggest bill in Injustice.
1:45:0 - If you can go back to day 1 of Injustice but your knowledge and the game itself was as it is now (including dlc), what would you do differently? Would you consider switching main?
2:02:00 - Favourite moment in Injustice.
2:08:00 - End, wrap up.

JTB123

Good podcast chaps. Most important lesson I've learned from Injustice is how to deal with a character crisis, always choose armour.
I sense by your avatar you're going Kotal? :) He's still the first character on my list to try after Scorpion, dude looks badass.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
All things considered, I thought you already learned that lesson in MK. :DOGE
It was never a crisis in MK, Jax dash punched his way to my heart.

I sense by your avatar you're going Kotal? :) He's still the first character on my list to try after Scorpion, dude looks badass.
In the build I played he was definitely my favourite, but at this point I haven't got a clue. Everyone looks super fun.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It was never a crisis in MK, Jax dash punched his way to my heart.

In the build I played he was definitely my favourite, but at this point I haven't got a clue. Everyone looks super fun.
But who will you whore armour with? WHO?!

Kano is an armour whore but his armour might end up sucking.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
But who will you whore armour with? WHO?!

Kano is an armour whore but his armour might end up sucking.
To be honest part of me wants to go a different way in MKX (contradicting myself 2 posts ago). I'm really liking the look of Jaqui atm. Kung Lao, JC, SZ, and Cassie are all high on my 'to lab' list too. We'll see.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Had this podcast on youtube in the background, and at the end this brass band start playing some regal tune and I was like "Shiiiit, these guys are getting their own sign off tracks and stuff", turns out some random "her majesty's brass band" video started playing next.

Anyway, on topic of the show.

JTB: glad to hear your opinion on match up numbers, I personally feel they contribute no value whatsoever and only serve to feed egos. I usually have no interest in tier lists either, but I do find the top 5 debate interesting.
Mine personally is (in order):
1. MMH
2. AM
3. Zod
4. BG
5. Flash
But, I believe that 2-4 are all so close that any one of them could swap positions freely. Just curious what yours is in order as I know you have BG as top and I think AM at like 4th?

Also about the PL Gross confusion, PL destroyed Gross at whatever the Chicago tournament that doesn't exist anymore was (I want to say UFGT?) and the Gross got the runback in the amazing match that someone brought up (I want to say @thegabstandard?).

Edit:was meant to say the runback was at ceo

Last edited:

JTB123

Had this podcast on youtube in the background, and at the end this brass band start playing some regal tune and I was like "Shiiiit, these guys are getting their own sign off tracks and stuff", turns out some random "her majesty's brass band" video started playing next.

Anyway, on topic of the show.

JTB: glad to hear your opinion on match up numbers, I personally feel they contribute no value whatsoever and only serve to feed egos. I usually have no interest in tier lists either, but I do find the top 5 debate interesting.
Mine personally is (in order):
1. MMH
2. AM
3. Zod
4. BG
5. Flash
But, I believe that 2-4 are all so close that any one of them could swap positions freely. Just curious what yours is in order as I know you have BG as top and I think AM at like 4th?

Also about the PL Gross confusion, PL destroyed Gross at whatever the Chicago tournament that doesn't exist anymore was (I want to say UFGT?) and the Gross got the runback in the amazing match that someone brought up (I want to say @thegabstandard?).
Thanks for clearing that up about PL, I always find it hard to remember the tournaments when discussing matches. The top 5 point I agree with the characters, my order would be:

1. Batgirl
2. MMH
3. Aquaman
4. Zod
5. Flash

I think the biggest toss up in there is Zod and Flash, sometimes I think Flash is better and sometimes I think Zod could be no.3. I think Martian and Batgirl are locks though, but the other 3 characters are so damn good it's hard to separate them.

Last edited: