What's new

Help with throwing

CH2MP

Noob
At the moment I'm playing alot of MKT against my brother on my playstation. His linking his combos quite nicely so a mistake on my behalf can be dangerous. He is also using this tactic where he turtles with Lui Kang and waits until he can counter with the bycicle kick.

I usually use Reptile, Kabal, Nightwolf, Ermac, Human Smoke or Kano (roughly in that order). I'm having some trouble getting off throws all the time, from what I understand its forward+LP? I think if I could get throws going all the time I wouldn't have problem with this turtling tactic his doing. I know this sounds really noob of me, none the less any help would be greatly appreciated.

dreemernj

Ambassador
My guess is he is hold away. To keep the throws from being too abuseable, holding away keeps you from getting thrown. My guess, he is hold down and away when he turtles.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Throw is just "LP" when you are within range, no forward is required so what you can do is try to time a jump to land on top of him, throwing off his direction, and the instant you land, tap LP. What you want to do however vs the turtling Liu Kang is running and do a LP just out of range of the throw and instantly cancel it with block, when he goes for the Bike Kick, counter with Ermac if you are using him, delivering a 75% combo. He might never turtle again.

Any of those characters you use should be able to light him up with a combo. I would take the above advice but also see if you can bait him into throwing out a bicycle kick, blocking it, aa HP then light him up with Kabal or Ermac (or really any of those characters).