What's new

Help with Mercy!!!

I know how to do a mercy but, for me, its immpossible! Does anyone know any tricks to it. Like is there a certain time you have to do it? I know it has to be the third round, and you have to be half screen or further. PLEASE HELP!!

seemingly impossible for me to do against the computer but i can do it every time online or offline against another player

stahan

Noob
Whenever I know I want to do a mercy, I hold run before I win, then after I get the winning hit, I continue to hold it during "Finish Him" and then jump back a bit and hit down down and let go and it works every time.

You could also do down,down,down or as many as you want to make sure you get it in.

is that hard to perform a mercy on net match?... just Hold RUN and push D, D...release it, is easy to do it, but dunno if this so hard on xbla:S (is not the same easy mode than arcade?)

So how long do I hold run? Do I press down,down, really fast or slow? I know its simple but for some reason I cannot pull it off. I can do every Single fatality except for Animalities b/c I can't do mercy :evil:

Thanx for the input so far but I still need help. It pisses me off when something so simple is giving me this much trouble.

kill the person, as soon as u kill them hold run, and start jumping backwards, jump 2 times press D D then release works everytime for me online

ARCADE MODE: just press run in any time, D, D release it.
XBLA: most be (for the lag) press and hold just press and hold at the same time you kill your opponent (like it said ilovepoop) d, d (slowly) and release it, or just press dx4 and release it xD

There's not that many specifications, just hold RUN, press down three times not too fast, let go of run. Done.

Dude, I just make sure I have run held down for atleast a couple seconds to make sure it registers, then I just let the down mashing fly before i release.

Thanx guys I'm alot better at it now. Thanx for the input :D

EDIT: I can do it all the time now :D I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was pressing down WAY too fast. But thanks again :wink: