What's new

Question - Kotal Kahn Help with Jaqui

MORDECA1

Noob
I had heard Jaqui was a really bad match up for Kotal Kahn. I just went against a much lower ranked opponent who was a Takeda main but selected Jaqui instead. She just zoned me out hopelessly. Even though I never gave up victory was no where ever in sight. Does anyone have any gameplay or anything. Her projectiles are rapid and they push you back. Plus you have to be so careful with the rockets too.

I have been doing pretty good with Kotal for the most part. I haven't had to play many Quan Chis and the Kenshi I fought was low level and I handled him pretty easy. Is Jaqui the worst of the worst? Or is it just because i haven't played many other good zoners yet? Either way advice on dealing with zoning in general and Jaqui in particular would be appreciated.

I've been playing Kotal Kahn online recently quite a bit and I'm pretty sure he's one of the worst characters to deal with zoning

CoolChameleon

Kamoflauged
you must be patient my friend, you must duck and slowly walk forward, and block the EX version of her gun on reaction, you can also throw up sun ray on yourself to heal while she's shooting bullets over your head.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Walking is key. Make him guess at EX overhead sword range between EX OH and jump in 1. You have to block the last hit of the machine gun to make sure you don't get railed by ex rocket to send you back full screen or if you're in range you can EX OH through it. D4 destroys most of her wakeups as they are high's. If she tries to run up ... d4 is your friend. I don't know how to better describe it other than watching someone play it. Maybe I'll record a set sometime.