What's new

Help with flash

I've decided that I am going to completely dedicate myself to learning this character the problem is I don't what to do. He has so many cancels and restands it's a little overwhelming so if any of you could help me that would be much appreciated.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
https://www.youtube.com/user/HoneyBeeCommandeur

Honeybee the Flash God Lord is the best Flash player in the scene, with a lot of match footage on his channel. While it may not be clear from the get-go what exactly he's doing, I think seeing his combos will do you a lot of good to start with since Flash is mainly a high-damaging mixup character.

https://www.youtube.com/user/HoneyBeeCommandeur

Honeybee the Flash God Lord is the best Flash player in the scene, with a lot of match footage on his channel. While it may not be clear from the get-go what exactly he's doing, I think seeing his combos will do you a lot of good to start with since Flash is mainly a high-damaging mixup character.
I know who is and I know basic bnbs but like I don't know what to do other than that it's weird like I see him do like b22 running man stance cancel stuff and it doesn't feel right when I try plus all the other stuff

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I know who is and I know basic bnbs but like I don't know what to do other than that it's weird like I see him do like b22 running man stance cancel stuff and it doesn't feel right when I try plus all the other stuff
Anyone can do anything just by practicing. You seem aware about the B22~RMS Cancel which means you're probably also aware it's + on block (+4 I believe, not sure though not a Flash player). Cancels take getting used to for sure, but if you hit up the lab and practice the cancels for a while you'll get them down.

Besides that, try looking at some Flash footage to analyze what Honeybee does in the neutral and what reads he makes when. Neutral is where Flash struggles the most as far as I know, so be sure to check out footage of good Flash players to see how they deal with it.

Anyone can do anything just by practicing. You seem aware about the B22~RMS Cancel which means you're probably also aware it's + on block (+4 I believe, not sure though not a Flash player). Cancels take getting used to for sure, but if you hit up the lab and practice the cancels for a while you'll get them down.

Besides that, try looking at some Flash footage to analyze what Honeybee does in the neutral and what reads he makes when. Neutral is where Flash struggles the most as far as I know, so be sure to check out footage of good Flash players to see how they deal with it.
Can I add you maybe for games later maybe?

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
I'd recommend looking at Rewind's Flash tho. He's got ridiculous execution and at least as good a grasp on the character as Honeybee.