What's new

Help Transitioning from XBone to PS4 controllers!

xCasket

Noob
Hey guys! I'm looking to enter my first MKX tournament at my local weekly. But upon further inspection, I found out they only use PS4's, while I play on a Xbox One. For anyone who has experienced this before, would I be able to get used to the PS4 Controller meanwhile I practice on a XBone? The way I was planning to get around this is to buy a arcade fight pad and buy MKX for PC but that is a lot of money to invest when I already have the game for Xbox One. Any tips? Suggestions? Thank you!
(Also, this is my FIRST THREAD!! Yayy!! I'm lovin this website!)

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
WOAH THAT'S A THING?! I had no clue! :eek: Do you recommend any that I should pick up? Can you link any quality converters cause I wouldn't know what i'm looking for :eek:
yup that is a thing, there is someone working on a ps2 controller convertor for ps4 and xbone

MrProfDrPepper

WOAH THAT'S A THING?! I had no clue! :eek: Do you recommend any that I should pick up? Can you link any quality converters cause I wouldn't know what i'm looking for :eek:
also here you go, it is a bit expensive though http://www.amazon.com/ConsoleTuner-Titan-One-Xbox-playstation-4/dp/B00LH5XZQS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437469195&sr=8-1&keywords=controller converter titan
and yes it is legal in tournaments you have to set it to tournament mode so that no mods will be used by accident since you can also mod your controller with this convertor

xCasket

Noob
Is there any converters that would make an Arcade fight Pad that works for XBone work for PS4? :eek: Or is that something we don't have yet? Also, Thank you very much! You have been a huge help! :D

xCasket

Noob
also here you go, it is a bit expensive though http://www.amazon.com/ConsoleTuner-Titan-One-Xbox-playstation-4/dp/B00LH5XZQS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437469195&sr=8-1&keywords=controller converter titan
and yes it is legal in tournaments you have to set it to tournament mode so that no mods will be used by accident since you can also mod your controller with this convertor
actually now that I think about it. Wouldn't I be able to use this converter to MAKE a XBone fight pad work for PS4? :eek:

MrProfDrPepper

actually now that I think about it. Wouldn't I be able to use this converter to MAKE a XBone fight pad work for PS4? :eek:
yuup, that is what it is made for, so you can use an xbone controller and use it on a ps4 or vise versa, like i would be able to use my fightstick on an xbone with it, and dont mention it man,enjoy using whatever controller you please

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
The switch is not that hard. I played on a PS4 once and the only trouble I had was that the start button's location is the weirdest thing to exist on a controller