PS 4 or XBone?

• Playstation 4

Votes: 66 89.2%
  • X Box One

Votes: 8 10.8%

• Total voters

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
The XBO is not the 360 and the PS4 is not the PS3. Now most third party games run better and at higher resolution than on XBO. When they've been the same resolution the PS4, much more often than not, comes out on top in average framerates and less frame drops.

No, I'm talking framerate problem: jitters, slow downs, etc. There's a much better chance of those happening on XBO just like there was a much better chance of those happening on the PS3. For multiplatform games the roles have reversed from last generation to this one.

Most multiplatform games ran better on 360 is why, but not most multiplatform games run better on PS4.

We are not talking about interface here. We are talking about online. That microsoft can build upon to make their online better. Like I said " Microsoft has 100,000 dedicated servers for developers that want to use it.

While ps4 has to build upon a online service not the interface that was bad. Plus they will be limited on fixing it because of money

Yes I agree more likely over the ps4 and xbox one it will more likely be on the xbox one but as fighting games goes I dont think it will have this issues like Killer Instinct.

Also im not talking about what runs better. Obviously ps4. As the online goes which I already explain Xbox.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
The XBO is not the 360 and the PS4 is not the PS3. Now most third party games run better and at higher resolution than on XBO. When they've been the same resolution the PS4, much more often than not, comes out on top in average framerates and less frame drops.

No, I'm talking framerate problem: jitters, slow downs, etc. There's a much better chance of those happening on XBO just like there was a much better chance of those happening on the PS3. For multiplatform games the roles have reversed from last generation to this one.

Most multiplatform games ran better on 360 is why, but not most multiplatform games run better on PS4.
I've had an XB1 for a year now and I haven't had framerate drops at all. Dragon Age runs at a constant 60fps and thats an Rpg openworld world game on xb1. Halo Mcc has constant framerate at 60 fps, I tried the halo 3 glitch which is supposed to make the frame rate drop to a very low level by constantly spawning tripmines on the Xbox 360 and then when I tried it on XB1, the frame rate was still at 60fps.

Ra Helios

We are not talking about interface here. We are talking about online. That microsoft can build upon to make their online better. Like I said " Microsoft has 100,000 dedicated servers for developers that want to use it.

While ps4 has to build upon a online service not the interface that was bad. Plus they will be limited on fixing it because of money

Yes I agree more likely over the ps4 and xbox one it will more likely be on the xbox one but as fighting games goes I dont think it will have this issues like Killer Instinct.

Also im not talking about what runs better. Obviously ps4. As the online goes which I already explain Xbox.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I've had an XB1 for a year now and I haven't had framerate drops at all. Dragon Age runs at a constant 60fps and thats an Rpg openworld world game on xb1. Halo Mcc has constant framerate at 60 fps, I tried the halo 3 glitch which is supposed to make the frame rate drop to a very low level by constantly spawning tripmines on the Xbox 360 and then when I tried it on XB1, the frame rate was still at 60fps.

MCC is a bunch of older Halo games in one, it's easy to have consistent 60fps on a more powerful console but the tradeoff there is that the remastered Halo wasn't 1080p. DA runs at 900p and 30FPS, again, less chance of drops than full 1080p/60fps. I'm not saying that MKX will 100 percent run better on PS4, I'm just saying there's a much better chance.

I'm addressing your "PS4 for 1080p" point when they both will run 1080p, it's just the PS4 has a better chance of less framerate issues. I never said anything about the online.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
MCC is a bunch of older Halo games in one, it's easy to have consistent 60fps on a more powerful console but the tradeoff there is that the remastered Halo wasn't 1080p. DA runs at 900p and 30FPS, again, less chance of drops than full 1080p/60fps. I'm not saying that MKX will 100 percent run better on PS4, I'm just saying there's a much better chance.

I'm addressing your "PS4 for 1080p" point when they both will run 1080p, it's just the PS4 has a better chance of less framerate issues. I never said anything about the online.
Halo mcc is 1080p confirmed because microsoft recently added direct x to the xb1 hardware which boosted every game to 1080p

Ra Helios

yes I agree with you there brother. I will be a idiot to disagree.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Halo mcc is 1080p confirmed because microsoft recently added direct x to the xb1 hardware which boosted every game to 1080p

That's, no. MS free'd up the 10 percent of the CPU that Kinect was using if developers want it and XBO already has DX12 features and has for a while, DX12 release is mostly for PC development at this point. MCC was not all 1080p

Digital Foundry said:
The only tangible compromise in the new Halo 2 concerns resolution - Saber settles on a 1328x1080 framebuffer, which produces rather interesting results. Upscaling artefacts are limited to the horizontal axis only, and the upscaling filter to make up the difference is pretty good. Since supporting the classic 'insta-switch' is apparently a key component in the resolution reduction, we would still have preferred this to have been an optional mode - with removing it restoring full 1080p - but as it happens, perhaps other developers might want to look at the results of a similar horizontal upscale in favour of the 900p 'default' we see in many multi-platform titles. Treyarch did something similar in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on Xbox 360, upscaling from 880x720, and the results were pretty good there too, though the benefits of full multi-sampling anti-aliasing were definitely a key component in that effect working.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-02-digital-foundry-hands-on-with-halo-the-master-chief-collection

Ra Helios

Direct X helps developers make Games way more easy on the Xbox one.

Plus HCC except Halo 2 Remastered is 1080p. Halo 2 remastered is not 1080p. is a weird Resolution which is close to it. I forgot the resolution.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I did a some reading on this yesterday. Seems overall that the PS4 has a leg up. Couple things I still don't know...

Is there a consensus view of the online?Are PS+ and XBL even discernible at this point? Or is XBL still superior?

Do we have any idea which console MKX is being developed on and which gets the port? Does this question even apply on current gen?

DavS13

Noob
I would suggest getting the PS4, not only because it is the more powerful console, but also because most of the TYM community will be on there and that is the most important thing, IMO at least.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I say ps4.
WB and sony have a great relationship, ps4 won't get any exclsusive characters.
I wouldn't be surprised if they give sony exclusive dlc.
ps4 seems to be the console for fighters, guilty gear,blazblue.
the sony exclusives are too damn good

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Whatever plays it best at steady 60 fps, don't care about the resolution but FPS drops could be a deal breaker. Some of the stages look pretty crazy with lots of stuff going on that might cause drops. I am def getting for PC and I think I am gonna buy a PS4 also but not till after launch.