What's new

Help me with Reptile NJP combo, please.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I would like to main Reptile along with my Sub Zero and Noob Saibot, and so I'm really trying to get him down and graduate from 1,2,2, ffb, njp,3,2,sfb,3,2,1 slide to 3,2,1,elbow dash, njp, ffb, 3,2,1~ender. I only have trouble consistently landing the njp. Someone help me out this is aggravating, I learned Cyrax's 80% resets FAR easier than this and I don't even like Cyrax :grr:

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I would like to main Reptile along with my Sub Zero and Noob Saibot, and so I'm really trying to get him down and graduate from 1,2,2, ffb, njp,3,2,sfb,3,2,1 slide to 3,2,1,elbow dash, njp, ffb, 3,2,1~ender. I only have trouble consistently landing the njp. Someone help me out this is aggravating, I learned Cyrax's 80% resets FAR easier than this and I don't even like Cyrax :grr:
piano method. After you enter the elbow dash as soon as reptile is in the air roll your finger across the punch buttons.

Enenra

Go to hell.
piano method. After you enter the elbow dash as soon as reptile is in the air roll your finger across the punch buttons.
Ugh I wished that would work for me. Maybe I'm just frustrated and slipping up. Thank you, I'll keep trying the piano method.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ugh I wished that would work for me. Maybe I'm just frustrated and slipping up. Thank you, I'll keep trying the piano method.
check the q & a thread,there were a couple of other methods posted on there but I don't remember off the top of my head what they were.

Mikps

Noob
Yeah I used to have this problem

There are 3 solutions to this, that worked for me
1: Obviously once you have a strategy, practice.
2: Understanding that it is an INSTANT NJP, try practicing doing instant NjP's just in the air, it helped me understand the mechanics a little better.
3: Where you are looking when you are doing the combo. I found looking at the center of the two characters, and timing the punch when the characters line-up (or are at the same height) has helped me visually time it the best.

Hope this helped.

Enenra

Go to hell.
There are 3 solutions to this, that worked for me
1: Obviously once you have a strategy, practice.
2: Understanding that it is an INSTANT NJP, try practicing doing instant NjP's just in the air, it helped me understand the mechanics a little better.
3: Where you are looking when you are doing the combo. I found looking at the center of the two characters, and timing the punch when the characters line-up (or are at the same height) has helped me visually time it the best.

Hope this helped.
Thanks

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
also know that if the punch comes out and it whiffs yer doing it late, if it doesn't come out at all yer doing it early.

This is what you do, after the 321 reptillian dash, and hold up. Now all you have to do is time the 1+2 press them at the same time... learn the timing, and this becomes a piece of cake.. i even hit this 90% of the time online :D