What's new

Help against human players using SMOKE & NOOB SAIBOT

heKtor

Noob
My main player now is Kung Pao. I gotta say my two most annoying opponents online are those who use Smoke and Noob, it seems like I can't get away from shit, they get me upon wakeup and kep teleporting me to death.

Any strategies against these spamming f***rs? lol

heKtor said:
My main player now is Kung Pao. I gotta say my two most annoying opponents online are those who use Smoke and Noob, it seems like I can't get away from shit, they get me upon wakeup and kep teleporting me to death.

Any strategies against these spamming f***rs? lol
block and bait my friend, most of them play the exact same way, and use one starter combo A, V+X, Y. the first hit is a low so duck block the first then stand block. Keep in mind that if it is a normal teleport off the ground just duck and then counter or toe tap/sweep. If they are at a distance watch for the smoke bomb and dash block till you will be to close for them to do it safely but leaving yourself with enough distance so you do get jacked. Hope it helps,

David Gem

Banned
lol, I'd rather be playing against spammings fuckers than Kung Laos!!! Nah, but my friend has the best smoke I've seen out there and I say, just get in his face, and stay in the air as much as possible. Watch out for Smoke's overhead, too. I hate smoke almost as much as I hate Lao and Kitana.

I play with noob btw, :). I don't spam, cause that's boring.

heKtor

Noob
David Gem said:
lol, I'd rather be playing against spammings fuckers than Kung Laos!!! Nah, but my friend has the best smoke I've seen out there and I say, just get in his face, and stay in the air as much as possible. Watch out for Smoke's overhead, too. I hate smoke almost as much as I hate Lao and Kitana.

I play with noob btw, :). I don't spam, cause that's boring.
Well not necessarily against spammers but those who are good w/them in general. Noob has those annoying "oily dogs" that he throws at you, on wakeup one low and the other anti-air, plus the teleport throws etc.

So David, what's their weakness? ahem ;)

Mileena and sindel are the worst. Since both of them can control the air and ground. Pisses me off when some noob utilizes their spamming potentials.

Goblin Bones said:
block and bait my friend, most of them play the exact same way, and use one starter combo A, V+X, Y. the first hit is a low so duck block the first then stand block. Keep in mind that if it is a normal teleport off the ground just duck and then counter or toe tap/sweep. If they are at a distance watch for the smoke bomb and dash block till you will be to close for them to do it safely but leaving yourself with enough distance so you do get jacked. Hope it helps,
But I agree, bait is the key to these two even with scorpion cause they love to teleport. Try it. It took me a while to get used to their tactics.

David Gem

Banned
heKtor said:
Well not necessarily against spammers but those who are good w/them in general. Noob has those annoying "oily dogs" that he throws at you, on wakeup one low and the other anti-air, plus the teleport throws etc.

So David, what's their weakness? ahem ;)
Well it depends on what character you have. You play with Lao, and Lao can pretty much do whatever he wants. I would love to be playing against a defensive Lao, but that's not gonna happen anytime soon. Some guy I played the other day was just relentless and constantly jump at my face doing BnBs. I'd say keep the pressure on.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
In all fairness, it looks like Noob is weak without spamming. His four hitter that starts a lot of his BnB combos has really slow startup. You would have to be crazy not to abuse his ranged game.

dubson

Dojo Trainee
Dreamcatcher said:
In all fairness, it looks like Noob is weak without spamming. His four hitter that starts a lot of his BnB combos has really slow startup. You would have to be crazy not to abuse his ranged game.
agreed

yeah, noob is seriously sad up close. I think the spam game is the only real effective way to use him. I wish his combo starter was a little faster so people would have more incentive to change up their game a little. he's definitely a "one-trick pony" kinda char but I still think he's fun to use.

ps. is his x-ray blockable since it grabs from behind? It's always so fast I never get a chance to try and block it.

David Gem

Banned
Dreamcatcher said:
I don't do the BnB's unless it's for punishing, and they chain with his X-ray. Like I posted in another thread somewhere, I mix it up with JKs and throws. Plus a lot of the people I play are expecting me to spam, so they're usually thrown off guard. I only spam against turtlers, spammers, and every once in a while when it appropriately fucks with people's heads. Anyone who's ever played me in MK2 or 9 knows that I do like to spam, because it sucks and I'm usually not even good at it.

EDIT: Also, I like to use his tackle for anti-wake-up moves. And it really depends on the moves, because some of them have less start up when they wake up. EX: Sektor and Cyrax's teleport, Kitana's Fly-thingy. And Raiden's wake up torpedo flat out goes right through it.