What's new

Hello world!

Casp3r

Noob
Hello everyone my name is Casp3r i live in kitchener, ontario and i'm completely new to fighting games! I play Injustice, i'm trying to main Hawkgirl and my xbox gamertag is: gh0s7mar1ne

now i already did some reading and have a handle on most of the lingo as well as stuff like frame data but the thing i'm having the most trouble with is combo timing especially with cancels as i don't understand the underlying mechanic behind comboing. ex. 123 xx bf2. when i try to pull that off it seems to not execute if i try to 'bf2' too soon but if i do it later it also does not execute and i don't understand why. What's the criteria for canceling?

Greetings, Casp3r.
Welcome to this land of learning, knowledge, and other crazy things that we cannot understand, named TestYourMight.com!

Oh, it's good that you have done your researching!
From what I've heard, Injustice has a cancelling mechanic like MK9, but the window for cancelling is tighter. Basically, it's about finding the perfect timing. Have you tried to cancel into specials as soon as you finish inputting the string or something? (Sorry, I don't have I:GAU yet.)

Casp3r

Noob
"From what I've heard, Injustice has a cancelling mechanic like MK9, but the window for cancelling is tighter. Basically, it's about finding the perfect timing. Have you tried to cancel into specials as soon as you finish inputting the string or something"

I think i just figured it! You have to finish inputing the special during the recovery frames of the string but not any sooner. If you finish it too slowly or input it even slightly incorrectly or if you finish it during the animation it won't execute. I've been inputing it during the animation or or pressing b2f instead of bf2 (i keep forgetting i have to wait for my thump to move the stick foward before pressing y, i keep pressing y when the stick is in the neutral position -_-) mainly and that's what's causing most of my inconsistency issues, the timing can be very tight :/