What's new

Hello, my fellow Kombatants!

Baraka Obama

8 Years of Bringin' the Pain!
Hello everyone, I am here today to address all of you kombatants as your President; but I have not lost sight of the fact that not even my title separates me from any of you as we are all truly equal. Some of you might not have these awesome arm blades, thanks to my Tarkatan background, but nevertheless, we are all equal. As your President, that mindset will never be forgotten.

(Sooooo nowwww, I'm gonna break character so I can actually introduce myself now and not sound like a total douchebag xD)

Alright, first of all I truly hope that no one has this name or anything similar xD I randomly started thinking of clever names and this one came to mind. Of course people made pictures of this ridiculous combination of people, so I figured "Clever and weird name + a plethora of photoshopped strange looking pictures? This totally = Awesome UserName" (Or so I hope!)

So you're probably all wondering one of 2 things:
1.) Is this guy mentally stable?
Answer: Somehow, yes.

Or

2.) What's your reason for your presence, fool?
Answer: A few years ago, I picked up Mortal Kombat Unchained for the PSP as a diehard fighting game and PSP fan. I'd just gotten into Tekken recently and had heard amazing things about MK. I instantly fell in love although I totally sucked. Fast forward to 3 weeks ago. Saw MK 9 on Smosh's "GameBang" and was instantly reminded of the awesomeness. That very day I decided to get Komplete Edition for PS3 and MK9 for the Vita. No doubt, this is my favorite game ever. I'm hopelessly addicted to Kabal, Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, and Raiden. Obviously, though, I also like Baraka quite a bit. Unfortunately, I've realized that I really suck xD My girlfriend got it the same day I did and we've both been playing every chance we get! She's seriously amazing, and usually our win/loss ratio to each other is 50/50. Online, however, this is a different story. Even though we BOTH usually lose, she can hold her own, put up a good fight, and actually come close to beating people usually. I cannot xD But remember, I'm hopelessly addicted! So I kind of want to get better so that I can fully enjoy this game AND so I don't slow her down in our Tag Battles!
I heard that this place was a fantastic community, very loyal, and extremely helpful! So after losing to Shao Kahn on Medium for the 3rd time in a row, he told me that "It's Official, You Suck!"

That was it.... that was my moment.... my entire life changed in those 2 seconds...

And then I made an account here! :D

All crappy humor aside, though, I really look forward to conversations here and hopefully improving my ability as a kombatant!

And a little about me besides MK, I love any fighting game (You know which one is first, then Tekken would be second... Street Fighter is also cool, but slightly too fast paced for my tastes), am totally HUGE on Portables (Hail to the PSP and Vita! Woot Woot!), love all music, but alternative and punk above all, and really really really love Pro Wrestling like WWE, TNA, NOAH, and NJPW!

I really look forward to my time here and getting to know all of you!

(Enter crappy character mode)

Look at the person beside you. Now look to your other side. Those people have performed a fatality on at least one other individual... and that.. is truly touching. Elder Gods Bless the Realms!

Baraka Obama

RYX: Lol! xD Sorry about that one! I knew it wasn't too original, but it had a nice ring to it!

@All: Thank you all very much for the warm welcomes! :D And to anyone who wants to challenge this weakling, I'm JTStyles41 on the Vita and Ps3 (will be on Vita ATM and usually)

Reactions: RYX
Greetings, Baraka, whose surname is Obama.
Welcome to this land of darkness, occasional drama, friendliness, destruction and knowledge, named TestYourMight.com!

You have a sapid tale. I can guarantee you will improve by at least 9.99% just from spending an hour reading up on the information we have stored here!

Baraka Obama

Haha awesome! Hey, if I get nearly 10 wins per 100 matches, I'll be a happy camper, trust me! Thanks for the welcome Mr. Substance.

Haha awesome! Hey, if I get nearly 10 wins per 100 matches, I'll be a happy camper, trust me! Thanks for the welcome Mr. Substance.
I like your extroverted aura.
Enough practice and you'll likely end up winning 100 matches per 100, or go on a positive ratio. But try not to burn yourself out from an overdose!

You're welcome. Please call me "Alien".
Or Sub, Subby, Substance, or something of the sort.

Baraka Obama

Thank you, Sub! I'll call you that for obvious reasons that are below freezing temperature. Hey, I hope so! Trust me, I can never be burned out from this!

Glass Sword

Nobody
Welcome to Test Your Might. This website is your primer for all things MK. Just learn your bread and butter combos and work your way from there. If you are really serious you can always look at the frame data. Just remember to thank Somberness the mod who found it.

Baraka Obama

Cool beans! Thank you for the welcome :D And thanks to everyone so far for everything! In the few hours that I've been here, I've received tons of warm welcomes, compliments, and even some help to improve my game! I've only been on a few forum sites before, usually the majority of people are pretty chil,l I guess. But just from a few hours, it's easy to tell that this is seriously the strongest, most positive community I've ever seen yet! So thanks to everyone for really just making me feel so at home!

Reactions: RYX
Hey welcome to the show, now lets get you on stage with some wins my psn is Truegamer250 and I have mk9 on my ps3 and vita. When trying to improve just remember the words of our master “Kick, Punch, it's all in the mind!”- Master Onion