What's new

Hello everyone!

I've been a long time MK fan, having started with the original Arcade release back in 1992.

With the Sega Genesis port being the first game I ever owned in the series, and since then it was basically history.

I was a member of SRK for a couple of years but MK isn't really taken as seriously as it could be over there I suppose.

I am optimistic about Tim Static's role at trying to be a driving force for the MK community over at SRK and it's because this is why I appreciate the series more then I did in the past.

I suppose because Tim being a member here is the primary reason I joined along with hopefully getting involved with a more MK fans who enjoy the game.

I don't have any particular favorite characters in the games, but I suppose I've mostly been a user of Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, and Scorpion in MKII.

I'm really looking forward to MK9 (having already pre-ordered the game in full)

As for myself personally, I'm an avid gamer who enjoys all sorts of video games (Fighting Games, Shmups, RPGs, and Racing games being the primary genres I usually play)

I have little to no tolerance for console wars. I play games for the sake of the games, I care not for the company attached to the console itself.

Sure enough I honestly cannot afford every single console however but I do enjoy what I have and don't criticize others for having different preferences then my own.

Looking forward to enjoy my stay and hopefully learn more about high level UMK3 play here.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Welcome to TYM, Omega! You going to Winter Brawl this month in Philly by chance? :)

You know what's funny. I actually live in Philadelpha and wasn't aware of the location of the tournament until you mentioned it. Now I just got to find out where it is. I won't lie, while I am a fairly decent player, I have not been entirely too competitive in many games except for a stint a few years when Super Turbo was at the peak of it's popularity.

But I suppose I could try. I'm certainly not expecting to be a finalist, more likely to be eliminated in the first round, but at least it should be a fun experience.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
You know what's funny. I actually live in Philadelpha and wasn't aware of the location of the tournament until you mentioned it. Now I just got to find out where it is. I won't lie, while I am a fairly decent player, I have not been entirely too competitive in many games except for a stint a few years when Super Turbo was at the peak of it's popularity.

But I suppose I could try. I'm certainly not expecting to be a finalist, more likely to be eliminated in the first round, but at least it should be a fun experience.

AWESOME! We'll be there! If you have any questions, just ask us. ;) It's the 26th and the 27th! :)

Dark_Rob

Noob
I've been a long time MK fan, having started with the original Arcade release back in 1992.

With the Sega Genesis port being the first game I ever owned in the series, and since then it was basically history.

I was a member of SRK for a couple of years but MK isn't really taken as seriously as it could be over there I suppose.

I am optimistic about Tim Static's role at trying to be a driving force for the MK community over at SRK and it's because this is why I appreciate the series more then I did in the past.

I suppose because Tim being a member here is the primary reason I joined along with hopefully getting involved with a more MK fans who enjoy the game.

I don't have any particular favorite characters in the games, but I suppose I've mostly been a user of Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, and Scorpion in MKII.

I'm really looking forward to MK9 (having already pre-ordered the game in full)

As for myself personally, I'm an avid gamer who enjoys all sorts of video games (Fighting Games, Shmups, RPGs, and Racing games being the primary genres I usually play)

I have little to no tolerance for console wars. I play games for the sake of the games, I care not for the company attached to the console itself.

Sure enough I honestly cannot afford every single console however but I do enjoy what I have and don't criticize others for having different preferences then my own.

Looking forward to enjoy my stay and hopefully learn more about high level UMK3 play here.
Welcome to TYM Omega. Have a good time and enjoy your stay. And yes Tim is one of our heroes here. Its a very small list of people who can say they do as much for the community as Tim does. :)

Its much more then just being about the competition. Its about coming down and supporting the games you love, supporting the scene and the community. Meeting new people and making new friends.
Through going to tournaments alone I have met tons of people from this forum alone and call them friends.
I encourage you to come down. Its not only about winning and losing, but more importantly about having a good time.
If you decide to come the address is 4101 Island Avenue, Philadelphia P.A.
The venue is the Sheraton Airport Hotel.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
You sound exactly like me, sir. I'm sure we'd make good friends, we seem to have much in common.

Welcome to TYM!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Welcome to TYM OmegaDL, long live MK. Yeah the new MK looks sweet! Have fun.