What's new

General/Other - Hellfire Hellfire Scorpion

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I've been playing a lot of hellfire scorpion over the other variations. Mainly because of his fireball cancel block strings that jail. I think it can really set up some good damage/chip as well as build a lot of meter.

I pretty much end any spear combo with 21xxbody flame 11xx teleport. From there you have a ton of options to go like 214xx fireballxx run cancel into another string/throw/b3xx ex spear/f4xx ex spear/f2 etc. You can get the run cancel 2 times before you don't have enough stamina to preform it again but you can still dash cancel the 3rd string into a grab or something. You're usually left with about 1/4 meter of stamina after 2 reps but it does a ton of chip with flame on and builds good meter.

214 seems to be the best string for the run canceled fireball because the good cancel advantage leaves enough frames for it to jail completely.

Just looking for any input on this variation that others ma have.

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

Here are some videos just to give an example. The 214 xx fireball run cancel gives an insane amount of frame advantage and completely jails. This leads to great chip and meter building. Also ex spear is totally safe so the over head and low option into ex spear is totally safe. Sorry for the poor video quality.

Take note of the amount of chip damage dealt in this one

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey @Scoot Magee, nice to see a fellow Green Arrow companion using Scorpion too. ;)

Some of us have been secretly using and discussing hellfire since day 1 i think, this is one of the things that went into discussion.

One of the things you can do too, is extend your combo links in the ground with Fbc, then hit a flame aura, when you start your basic combos the fire will extend damage and your stamina will regen by the time you hit a spear, when this happens you can use fbc links again.;)

Scoot Magee

Hey @Scoot Magee, nice to see a fellow Green Arrow companion using Scorpion too. ;)

Some of us have been secretly using and discussing hellfire since day 1 i think, this is one of the things that went into discussion.

One of the things you can do too, is extend your combo links in the ground with Fbc, then hit a flame aura, when you start your basic combos the fire will extend damage and your stamina will regen by the time you hit a spear, when this happens you can use fbc links again.;)
That's good to know, thanks for the info. I played Scorpion a lot in MK9 so I naturally migrated to him in MKX. The fact that he's actually good in this is another plus lol.

Nereus

Noob
Yeah this was discussed in another thread as @Evil Eddy Wang said. In this frametrap the opponent has 4 options: Block, low poke, Reversal on block using an EX move, or Backdash

Block- Well, they just block lol
Low Poke - They can low poke if you abuse the first hit of 214 since it's a high.. but they're going to get hit if you mix it up with things like b1
EX reversal on block - this is more of a risky way to get out depending on the EX move they use. The reason why it's risky is because you can block after the fireball dash cancel if you feel they're going to reversal
Backdash - the least riskier option to do, but it can also be beat out by punishing it with either EX spear or takedown.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
You know, i havent seen anyone really utilize the the ex grab as a combo starter.
Sure its a waste of meter. But you get a combo though. I thought Marvel was the one game id be paying attention to meter in. Maybe noone mentioned it because its useless.
Edit. Nvm. That was a terrible suggestion. Tried it in practice and you can block right after the enhanced throw :/

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

Yeah this was discussed in another thread as @Evil Eddy Wang said. In this frametrap the opponent has 4 options: Block, low poke, Reversal on block using an EX move, or Backdash

Block- Well, they just block lol
Low Poke - They can low poke if you abuse the first hit of 214 since it's a high.. but they're going to get hit if you mix it up with things like b1
EX reversal on block - this is more of a risky way to get out depending on the EX move they use. The reason why it's risky is because you can block after the fireball dash cancel if you feel they're going to reversal
Backdash - the least riskier option to do, but it can also be beat out by punishing it with either EX spear or takedown.
But I thought the cancel completely jails? From my experience the only option is to block because they don't recover in time to do anything else.

Nereus

Noob
But I thought the cancel completely jails? From my experience the only option is to block because they don't recover in time to do anything else.
It jails but it doesn't jail completely... they can try to attack once you recover from the dash

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It jails but it doesn't jail completely... they can try to attack once you recover from the dash
If you Dash is 20 frames so you don't have any advantage, but if you run cancel it, you have plenty advantage to force them to block or do another blockstring.

Scoot Magee

Here is a video example. You have to run cancel in order for it to jail. Not all moves/strings will leave enough cancel advantage though. I used b3 as an example of something that will not jail. Also whats great about this is you can 214 FB+run cancel and go into something that doesn't jail like a overhead/low into ex spear and etc in order to mix things up safely. If the player reversals when you throw out the overhead you will get hit so you have to condition them. B3 will work on any non armor reversal.

Note that mileena is set to reversal roll

Nereus

Noob
Here is a video example. You have to run cancel in order for it to jail. Not all moves/strings will leave enough cancel advantage though. I used b3 as an example of something that will not jail. Also whats great about this is you can 214 FB+run cancel and go into something that doesn't jail like a overhead/low into ex spear and etc in order to mix things up safely. If the player reversals when you throw out the overhead you will get hit so you have to condition them. B3 will work on any non armor reversal.

Note that mileena is set to reversal roll

Oh wow.. nevermind then. Thanks for the enlightenment lol. The fact that it jails is pretty dope. So since it jails.. the opponent cannot low poke since the first hit of 214 is a high?

Scoot Magee

Oh wow.. nevermind then. Thanks for the enlightenment lol. The fact that it jails is pretty dope. So since it jails.. the opponent cannot low poke since the first hit of 214 is a high?
No because they aren't even out of block stun yet. If they press a button they get hit.

I also just want to note that b3 after 214xx fbc does jail.

Last edited: