What's new

Strategy - Hellfire Hellfire pressure game discussion

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
A lot of topics are getting derailed into pressure ideas/opinions so I figured we should just make a separate thread.

@Scoot Magee
@JTB123
@Hollywood DMS
@Vagrant
@Eddy Wang
@Reauxbot
@Xzyj

Sorry if I forgot anyone, I'm not good with names.

I'll start the disqus. Ending combos with b12xxFBC is a great way to initiate post-combo pressure. You can try for a b3, a throw, or even f4 if you're feeling ballsy. I found you can even do a quick forward jump and crossup FJP for good pressure since FJP, 214 jails on block and combos on hit.

Last edited:

Xzyj

Noob
Just got my hands on the PC patch and damn Scorpion feels a lot slower now, that one change of 214 made his gameplay feel less smooth to me for some reason. As for the pressure i feel like 21 fbc and 214fbc are stil his best options, but now we have to either do:
poke between our strings/bait armor/b1fbc into full combo on confirm, if they try to poke out of your pressure/b12~FA on confirm, or b121 on block

Btw is it just me or it's harder to combo in the corner out of 214~Tele now? oO

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
From what little I've played of Hellfire, I pretty much go straight into 21, or 214xxfrc. Into d1/3, another 21, B121, or throw. Sometimes I'll jump over, and do whatever. I rarely go for F4 as I always assume my opponent will always mash something from frc's lol

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Man, I haven't played much MKX at all lately. My internet has been capped and the only offline opponents I have are my brothers who are terrible at the game.

But I did have one online game without lag today, and I was just sort of messig around but ended up doing some hilarious pressure plays like FJP, b3xxFBC, f4xxFBC, b32f2. Obviously this isn't ideal because every time it hits I could have done a combo, but it's interesting to think how much he can do when you're not being greedy with damage.

Maybe this is a legit playstyle Idk. I'll explore it further when my internet is back up to full speed.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Btw is it just me or it's harder to combo in the corner out of 214~Tele now? oO
It's definitely not you, it is way harder to get that link now, after the 214 nerf the teleport now hits the opponent on their feet which causes them to be extremely low to the ground.