What's new

Headset Causing Input Lag on PS4?

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
So I got a Triton headset and about a hour after using it I noticed the sound cracking and I started receiving weird inputs. Not wrong inputs but like I didn't link the special in time. I went to the dojo and I did string into special over and over again and about every 6-8 tries the move wouldn't work right. The inputs on the screen was right but the move wasn't.

Ex. Kung Jin b12 db3d4

Every couple of tries b123 would come out even though the screen showed the db inputs before 3.

I also noticed the sound cracking and never had any issues until I started using this headset. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

I have negative edge off and I've mained KJ long enough to not screw this up to the point of being able to recreate it while trying not to.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Bumping this to bring awareness to the issue.

Just today, I tried playing SFV with a headset plugged into my PS4 controller while running a stream. On occasion, the audio feed in my mic would cut out, and during each instance where that happened, my inputs would stop responding as well.

I did further research on this and as it turns out, regardless of whether your console and/or controller is wired or wireless, the device is registered as a Bluetooth device, which is always wireless. Then I was told a "potential fix" would be to manually update the controller's firmware, so I'm digging for answers on that now.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
This happens to me all the time, I usually turn the controller off then turn it on, normally doesn't happen again for the rest of the night.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
is this all headsets, or just headsets that plug into the dualshock? i ocassionally use the Sony gold wireless headset, and i noticed while playing a friend recently that i was dropping combos because my smoke bombs wouldnt come out like 60% of the time. I thought i was losing my mind, but this would explain it since it was one of the few times ive played MKX with my headset.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
is this all headsets, or just headsets that plug into the dualshock? i ocassionally use the Sony gold wireless headset, and i noticed while playing a friend recently that i was dropping combos because my smoke bombs wouldnt come out like 60% of the time. I thought i was losing my mind, but this would explain it since it was one of the few times ive played MKX with my headset.
This mainly concerns headsets connected to the standard DualShock 4 controller for PS4. If this issue affects controllers of different brands I have yet to hear of such instances.

And yes, it explains your issue with dropping inputs. That just happened to me today.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Happens to me rarely when using the PS4 Gold Wireless Headset, but never when using one that plugs into the DS4. Not sure which one that is. I'll check when I get home.