What's new

Question Having trouble with the command throw

I seriously only hit this input once out of about every three attempts. I am using a madcatz fightpad (SFIV) and just can't seen to do it constantly. I have it set to SF controls also. So the input is QCB F3

Is there some trick to this or do i just suck at execution on this one?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Blame NRS for having the worst inputs ever for special moves. Down back forward three and down up diagonal, the fuck?

Just one of those things NRS should change, but it's a lot easier to do after strings. I find doing it naked a lot harder. Just practice it until it's consistent for now.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I found Bane easier to play on SF inputs. Maybe its cause he was who I used when testing out the 9.95 stick layout suggestions and stick is awesome for his motions. I wonder though if this is similar to the problem Tomlulsbrady had in the Cyborg thread with grapple line on a dpad. Theres actually a registering issue for some motions into others apparently on the PS3 pad. What are you using?

Anyone else noticing that the air throw (down-back-1) comes out when you are crouch blocking and trying to chip with 1?

The easiest way for me to input this move is to break it down. The negative edge is very generous on these so what you can do is first input db, wait, f1 and you will get the grab. Test in the lab just how long you can delay the f1 and you will see that the move doesn't need the inputs right away. At first I struggled immensely trying to input dbf,1 all in one motion but have had much greater success simply visualizing the move as 2 sets of inputs; db and then f1

I will definitely check this out once i get home from work (bout an hour left) i would love to be able to work this into my game.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Niloc

Noob
I don't really play bane, or post on these forums. I read them a ton though so I thought i'd make 1 post try and contribute.. I was messing around with bane's command grab trying to find an easy way to do it. I play with alternate inputs but i'm sure this would work with the default. Basically you just buffer qcb, then press forward 3, I someitmes double tap the button for timing in combos for example .. 1 1 3 qcb (3 double tap) f+3 . hope this can be of some help. the command grab comes out way easier for me like this, i just buffer the qcb back a couple times then press forward +3.

Stuck

Mid Tier Whore. 1 combo and a dream.
Anyone else noticing that the air throw (down-back-1) comes out when you are crouch blocking and trying to chip with 1?
Only press down when blocking low. You don't need to press in the corner like capcom games. Now when you hit 1, d1 comes out:) AcidGlow

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
Yeah I seem to be putting it in like Freddy's far spike and it's not working. Just gotta get used to the inputs in this game. Another thing I have trouble with still is doing ex-moves that require the button push right away. For example Bane's ex anti air grab.

I don't understand why it's not db3 or df3 instead of dbf3. What's the point of the extra command in there? Is it for "balancing" purposes? Does that even make sense? Wouldn't players at the highest level have very little difficulty with the move anyway being they are so good with the inputs?

I really hate the dbf3. It's because I suck, but I hate it.

AcidGlow

ULTRAAA COMBOOO!!!
Alot of times it doesn't read the inputs and nothing comes out.. so I find myself just using the double punch to end a combo to push them into a corner. The backbreaker shoudl've been DB3 to begin with.. Is it just me.. or can you block the backbreaker normally? I can't remember.. if so.. why make the inputs not register more then half the time..