What's new

Havik Buff Wishlist

i'm fed up. havik was cool at launch, but now everyone left and right of him got buffed and the fullscreen mobility superhero characters have been introduced. so its not fine anymore. heres some stuff he could need, actually moderate changes that keep the style intact, but better.

• enhanced db1 has inifinite hits of armor. maybe opponents damage on it should also combo-scale and not reset for every hit.
  • bf2 goes full screen, maybe even on opponents jump back. non-enhanced knockdown becomes like +35
  • bf2 becomes a mid
  • db4 restands to prevent combo drops and has consistent knockdown frames
  • better combo options/less gravity from j212
  • air combos dont corner yourself when done close to the corner
  • bf 3's last position hits crouching opponents
  • remove upblock vulnerability from f122
thats about the stuff that annoys me the most about him. i marked the most important to me big.

Last edited:

CanoCano

Noob
  • bf2 goes full screen, maybe even on opponents jump back
Bro wants to have Pre-Nerf Headbutt
I don't get why tanking hits during Armour frames should apply damage scaling anyways, you'd essentially be removing one of Super Armour's only drawbacks

Last edited:
Bro wants to have Pre-Nerf Headbutt
I don't get why tanking hits during Armour frames should apply damage scaling anyways, you'd essentially be removing one of Super Armour's only drawbacks
what headbutt got nerfed? i just got back into the game after 6 months or so.
and armor, at least haviks, does not scale damage when hit. every hit he eats while armored does full damage. a 3-hit string might come in at 150+damage. the drawback is already the slow startup of db1 imo.

rifraf

Noob
but it would be a bit spammy if it were tbh.
Ok, but I'd argue even if Havik connects the hit, he only gets a knockdown. If it was -7 he would still lose his turn. At -22, why would you even throw that move out? To get in? lol Even if Havik gets in, is he really that threatening? I'm just saying btw, I'm not a Havik expert.

Ok, but I'd argue even if Havik connects the hit, he only gets a knockdown. If it was -7 he would still lose his turn. At -22, why would you even throw that move out? To get in? lol Even if Havik gets in, is he really that threatening? I'm just saying btw, I'm not a Havik expert.
he can dodge projectiles on reaction with it, enhance it for tether, some kameos can combo from it and it gives an (admittedly pretty useless) oki situatuion. its biggest drawback is that its so easily backdashed out in neutral. but this makes me think that more knockdown frames for the non-enhanced version would be nice.

Last edited:

rifraf

Noob
he can dodge projectiles on reaction with it, enhance it for tether, some kameos can combo from it and it gives an (admittedly pretty useless) oki situatuion. its biggest drawback is that its so easily backdashed out in neutral. but this makes me think that more knockdown frames for the non-enhanced version would bve nice.
Oh yeah, the EX version is pretty good but I'm only talking about the regular one. I didn't know kameos can combo from it. What's the max dmg you can get out of it?

Oh yeah, the EX version is pretty good but I'm only talking about the regular one. I didn't know kameos can combo from it. What's the max dmg you can get out of it?
i dont know, maybe a havik/cyrax main can help out?

Last edited:

CanoCano

Noob
what headbutt got nerfed? i just got back into the game after 6 months or so.
Different game, in SF6 the Heavy/EX versions of Honda's Headbutt traveled full screen even after it went under jumping opponents, making it nearly impossible to punish outside the corner
So unless BF2 has enough recovery to compensate (which i doubt) then it'll lead to the same issue

and armor, at least haviks, does not scale damage when hit. every hit he eats while armored does full damage. a 3-hit string might come in at 150+damage. the drawback is already the slow startup of db1 imo.
This applies to all Armoured moves, and it's an important drawback built in by design and it's especially important when a move has infinite hits of Armour

Different game, in SF6 the Heavy/EX versions of Honda's Headbutt traveled full screen even after it went under jumping opponents, making it nearly impossible to punish outside the corner
So unless BF2 has enough recovery to compensate (which i doubt) then it'll lead to the same issue
i get it. maybe give it the length of slide or reptiles wakeup then

This applies to all Armoured moves, and it's an important drawback built in by design and it's especially important when a move has infinite hits of Armour
i still think 60f startup is enough drawback in this case

another good thing would be to remove up block vulnerability from f122. i dont even know if any other strings in the game have it left.