What's new

Haven't played MK since mid 90s

Hi all, just wanted to start a thread to introduce myself to the community. I come mostly from a SF background (main game is Super Turbo). Got thinking about the old MKs when MK9 came out. After trying MK9 I didn't really like it but my friends and I started playing UMK3 which is think is an amazing game. I have some problems with special moves that I don't in other games. Simple d,b,hp moves or such give me problems when I can pull off about anything in the Street Fighter engine. Guess I have to get used to doing the moves MK style. Any very basic tips for someone newish to UMK3? Any way to play online so I can level up? So far I like human smoke the best.

Also, recommended controller? I'm using a japanese arcade stick I'm starting to think I should dust off my American stick for an American game. Anyone like the hitbox (all button arcade stick) with MK? Seems like that might be best because of the way special move inputs work.

Jamison

Noob
Welcome to TYM. Lots of people here that haven't played since the 90s and I am one of them. If you enjoy UMK3 I say give MK9 another try, the depth of gameplay far exceeds anything the MK developers have ever done. It was equally hard for me to adjust to, since it is MK9 not MK2, but I quickly adjusted. Arcade sticks are complete personal preference, I use the american bat top style, I just like the tighter feel and it feels familiar to me from my 90s arcade days of playing MK. Anyways see you around on the site, lots of info.