What's new

Strategy - Hat Trick Hat Trick video cast #3 - Away trap game

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

In short: Hat Trick now punishes from every direction if he is hatless
- trap is set, ppl trying to blow up with wakeup armor are now full combo punishable as you see fit.
- Ppl trying to blow up crossups with uppercuts, NJPs and such are now full combo punishable with anti-wakeup buttons such as f2, b12 or 112124 up close.
- Ppl respecting the blow ups, can now be crosseup with no overhead into hat, or overhead into hat.
- Away trap adds the mixups, but it can be seen, however time to process in between which trap you've put out, its the same to apply whatever you feel like.
- Easy conversions off low call back at any height
- dive kick hit confirms off low call back hits.

Part 2 soon.

@ROG Moonspell
@just_2swift
@The PantyChrist
@Big Pampering
@Youphemism
@ETC Mcfly
@False God Confirmed

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
He not only got buffed to fix all those hat trap problems the pre-patch version had, but also he got way faster than earlier. Played a good Kung Lao main and I noticed this drastic change. This dude became so fast that I got dizzy. Will need to relearn his MUs.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
call backs got stealth buffed as well, they indeed travel a bit more faster now, so it connects from certain ranges when the hat is now a little bit further.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
call backs got stealth buffed as well, they indeed travel a bit more faster now, so it connects from certain ranges when the hat is now a little bit further.
Eddy I noticed a while ago in the corner after a 21 KD into hat trap the hat would be placed a bit further back than usual. This resulted in the HCB taking slightly longer to hit the opponent and made it less -/slightly +.

I never labbed this properly but just thought I'd throw it out there if you havent explored it already. Maybe try a slight run before the hat trap to make it spawn further back.

This might be a nice way to get meterless plus frames, if not then oh well.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Eddy I noticed a while ago in the corner after a 21 KD into hat trap the hat would be placed a bit further back than usual. This resulted in the HCB taking slightly longer to hit the opponent and made it less -/slightly +.

I never labbed this properly but just thought I'd throw it out there if you havent explored it already. Maybe try a slight run before the hat trap to make it spawn further back.

This might be a nice way to get meterless plus frames, if not then oh well.
unfortunately call back cannot be made plus or less minus whenever it hits, the move doesn't have too much active frames so it will be very minus on block no matter the distance.

But the armored launcher nerfs made gaps so on much relevant, now you can do call back from further distances and land a B3 meaty against anyone.

regardless call back being minus, i have a way to make it -2 but its something that will be very difficult to implement considering it takes an huge amount of coordination with the variation, but i firmly believe if one player sync himself well enough to use all the good outcomes off this, it will be the best Hat Trick Kung Lao there, will reveal the tech in the next following days tho.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
i firmly believe if one player sync himself well enough to use all the good outcomes off this, it will be the best Hat Trick Kung Lao there, will reveal the tech in the next following days tho.
Can I expect it to be by upcoming week perhaps ? ;-)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Can I expect it to be by upcoming week perhaps ? ;-)
Actually the next 2 videos are a prep for this one, all bring different topics but when used all in one he becomes a monster.

I think this Hat Trick Kung Lao is pretty good, far better than the one we had past year, i also have this strong feeling lord colt may not touch him anymore, i'm currently satisfied with the results of the variation in general, now i think its on a good spot.

Saltea Moonspell

Actually the next 2 videos are a prep for this one, all bring different topics but when used all in one he becomes a monster.

I think this Hat Trick Kung Lao is pretty good, far better than the one we had past year, i also have this strong feeling lord colt may not touch him anymore, i'm currently satisfied with the results of the variation in general, now i think its on a good spot.
I would agree with You on this if I hadnt had so much trouble in some MU. Specifically speaking of Jason, Millena, HQT. At this moment I have a strong feeling he's tools are just not working against those characters. But it still may be a matter of exploring deeper the character/tools and gaining deeper mu knowledge.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I would agree with You on this if I hadnt had so much trouble in some MU. Specifically speaking of Jason, Millena, HQT. At this moment I have a strong feeling he's tools are just not working against those characters. But it still may be a matter of exploring deeper the character/tools and gaining deeper mu knowledge.
jason has a lot of safe specials, its dumb, his jump attacks are stupid as hell, but overall it requires a bit more of knowledge from the KL, show me some videos.

Saltea Moonspell

jason has a lot of safe specials, its dumb, his jump attacks are stupid as hell, but overall it requires a bit more of knowledge from the KL, show me some videos.
To be frank with You I have not recorded anything yet since the patch came out cause I have not played much post patch but I will. To me its impossible to keep him away while he literally doing these shades of Shunpo with b12 string - if You know what I mean. Once he gets in its worse ...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
To be frank with You I have not recorded anything yet since the patch came out cause I have not played much post patch but I will. To me its impossible to keep him away while he literally doing these shades of Shunpo with b12 string - if You know what I mean. Once he gets in its worse ...
Haha, B12 is your best friend.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
unfortunately call back cannot be made plus or less minus whenever it hits, the move doesn't have too much active frames so it will be very minus on block no matter the distance.

But the armored launcher nerfs made gaps so on much relevant, now you can do call back from further distances and land a B3 meaty against anyone.

regardless call back being minus, i have a way to make it -2 but its something that will be very difficult to implement considering it takes an huge amount of coordination with the variation, but i firmly believe if one player sync himself well enough to use all the good outcomes off this, it will be the best Hat Trick Kung Lao there, will reveal the tech in the next following days tho.
Normally I would just listen as I'm not the best with frame data but id look into this, even if only for a few minutes.

Seeing as HCB has travelling time like a projectile it would work in the same way, as projectiles get more plus the further they have to travel before hitting you. This works with Quan's skull which is normally like -20 up close, but is actually plus at full screen because the projectile hits later, so the block stun initiates later while you still come out of recovery at the same time.

Might be nothing like I said. I'd definitely look into it though.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Normally I would just listen as I'm not the best with frame data but id look into this, even if only for a few minutes.

Seeing as HCB has travelling time like a projectile it would work in the same way, as projectiles get more plus the further they have to travel before hitting you. This works with Quan's skull which is normally like -20 up close, but is actually plus at full screen because the projectile hits later, so the block stun initiates later while you still come out of recovery at the same time.

Might be nothing like I said. I'd definitely look into it though.
i've tested multiple times along with youph, you are able to move first only, its like a pseudo plus, but it has no blockstun, so the instant they block they can try anything.