What's new

Strategy - Hat Trick Hat Trick Video Cast #2 - How to apply pressure w/ trap cancels

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Definitely not an easy task, hope you guys share your opinions, there is a thing i left out to bring in other videos which i would like to talk in detail, besides, i did 10 takes of this same guide cause my "engressh" is just ass lol.

Now into a real issue, call back still being -7 on block hurts this character a lot, there are ppl that really touch you for using your best tool to apply pressure, -5 is what i expected his trap to at in the patch, specially when his best cancels are all down to -6, they don't even need to be + at all, if Hat Trick can be at -1 at the very least on these traps he will have a very viable pressure game.

but there is also a little fear here, if @colt reduces 5 recovery frames in the hat trap he gets his -1 pressure in return, but 112124~hat trap in the corner will be a true combo link maybe, because it will be +11 or something, so it will loop into itself.

Still, i think he should be at the very least -1 on block on his best string when canceled into trap, -5 if call back is blocked, and a choose to track or not track on enchanced teleport if we delay it, those are the only 3 things i think Hat Trick still needs, aside from that he is perfectly fine now.

@False God Confirmed
@ROG Moonspell
@just_2swift
@Dankster Morgan
@The PantyChrist
@Youphemism
@ETC Mcfly
@myri

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Good stuff here. Very well put imo about hat trick. Lol my luxury buff would be hat trick specific string and a normal when he has hat trap active.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Playing effectively with HT is another level of gaming next to the rest of the cast imo. Its funny because I've tried to drop him at least 3 times. I've lasted about two weeks with Ronin and eventually went back to HT. I am glad we have some improvements but as You stated there is too much lost frames around his pressure. Going against someone who is higher then average level with a top 10 tier is a real challenge.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Great tutorial Eddy, and Your Accent is Godlike:) I have been experimenting with 11212 and 112124 and B32 and others, Thanks for the tip of Standing 4 that's a great one so is B1 stagger. I have to point out that 11212 is starting to piss me off. It does not always connect and sometimes leaves a gap. which can be very bad for HT as you know! and another note is, Make sure to tell everyone to use B12-2+4 at close range because the hit-stun causes a glitch with breath box at max range allowing a gap to form.

Other than that I am also experimenting with Above hat setups and Behind hat setups and other tactics. Thank you and always will be watching your Tech, you are a great addition to the Hat trick and MKXL community.

an example of how a hat behind you can work with your pressure, and using DB2 hat trap can be very effective to ward off Teleports from Scorpion and Ermac.

Not Optimized, just a general idea.

Definitely not an easy task, hope you guys share your opinions, there is a thing i left out to bring in other videos which i would like to talk in detail, besides, i did 10 takes of this same guide cause my "engressh" is just ass lol.

Now into a real issue, call back still being -7 on block hurts this character a lot, there are ppl that really touch you for using your best tool to apply pressure, -5 is what i expected his trap to at in the patch, specially when his best cancels are all down to -6, they don't even need to be + at all, if Hat Trick can be at -1 at the very least on these traps he will have a very viable pressure game.

but there is also a little fear here, if @colt reduces 5 recovery frames in the hat trap he gets his -1 pressure in return, but 112124~hat trap in the corner will be a true combo link maybe, because it will be +11 or something, so it will loop into itself.

Still, i think he should be at the very least -1 on block on his best string when canceled into trap, -5 if call back is blocked, and a choose to track or not track on enchanced teleport if we delay it, those are the only 3 things i think Hat Trick still needs, aside from that he is perfectly fine now.

@False God Confirmed
@ROG Moonspell
@just_2swift
@Dankster Morgan
@The PantyChrist
@Youphemism
@ETC Mcfly
@myri
Good stuff dear friend! ;)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
hey eddie.. try practicing against reptile's d3 to b2 that shit does not work , it jails you ...
call back is -7 anything that is faster than this in startup will hit KL on every call back once blocked.
Same to every hat trap on scree that has a 5f startup.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
hey eddie.. try practicing against reptile's d3 to b2 that shit does not work , it jails you ...
b3 is 7f startup and is -3 on block, b2 is 11f, there is like a 14f gap in between two moves, where you can punish with a b1.

On top of that, jumping back or back dash avoid both options.