What's new

General/Other - Hat Trick Hat Trick: The MKX Sleeper $%!7ter

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Why? That doesn't really add anything to his gameplan whatsoever. He can already pretty much get a guaranteed hat setup after a b321 ender combo. The problem is either his tools to get a hit in to begin with or the multiple options people have to get out of the setup. Just play buzzsaw or tempest and do hattrick for fun on the side and we might find something new. I don't want to offend you, but there is so much you don't even know about the variation so asking for changes is just crazy.
Actually I'm pretty familiar with the variation. Being able to dive kick off a hat call in the air will help him convert off jump back, hat call in air to airs which would be huge

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
During Tele animation he should be able to hat call. When hat is on the screen he should be able to use b2 or b22 command normal just loses range because hats in use for hat trap. Low hat trap when called back should be a low. Hat trap above should have less recovery. Hat call dmg up from 5.00 to 8.00 MB 11.00 dmg or bring back his shaolin roll move from mk9.

Last edited:

BLOOD CAPTAIN X

GT = SIR JAY LEGEND add me on XBL for matches
Nope haven't found anything yet, so far the changes don't seem to make any difference.

The biggest change I've stumbled across is that it's easier to combo b321 from a hat call back.

Air hat call back has really strong frame data so I'm gonna mess around with that.

It's easier to land a b321 off an ex air hat call back when you jump away from your opponent on their wake up. This makes you safe and applies pressure.

You can also do cross up jump > ex hat call back > b321.

I still can't find a use for high hat trap but I'll keep digging.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Well it is now a mid so I will probably use it more. I was exclusively using low for the mid property. Still haven't had much time with it. I don't see the variation being top ever but I would at least like to be able to blow up people who don't know the mu eventually. I'll even settle for slightly below solid.
Spinning while hat is on screen would be huge but I don't see it happening