What's new

Question Harley's frametraps?

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
2d3 is probably the best to go for frame trap, it's like +10 on block so you get a guaranteed b2,2 if they press buttons.

J.3 > b2,2 can't be interrupted as well as well

But then again, I don't know what frame data to follow as a lot of stuff is in correct but those traps above seem to work in matches anyway.

Can also be a bit more unsafe but can do like 1/f+1/f+2/1,2 etc. into d1~TS, can't really hitconfirm this but a frame trap nonetheless, b2,2 would get interrupted from these with d1/1

According to frame data (again, dunno if it's right), 112 is +9 on block, has pushback midscreen tho but in the corner, you can do b2,2 off this on block for an uninterrupable (real word? lol) frame trap.

Same with f2,3 into b2,2

This is all assuming frame data given is right lol

I need to start using 2d3 more it seems to be her best pressure string. 112 is good but can be ducked under. B121 is supposedly +8 and it hits mid but the b1 feels real slow. F23 is her most positive string according to the frame data but the overhead is slow and I would rather cancel the f2 into tantrum stance anyway since it's a quick high-low and you get a full combo on hit. The only way I know to get a decent combo out of f23 is to spend two bars on a wall bounce cancel.

112 is her best frame trap currently since it's like +21 or something on block. 121 definitely isn't +8, I think it's slightly negative. Maybe it would be +8 if the 3rd hit actually came out after the first 2 hits are blocked. You can get a decent combo after F23 by cancelling into her command dash, which you'll usually want to do anyway since you're still at positive frames after the dash and it leaves you a lot closer for continued pressure. F23 is probably going to be more useful at non-noob levels of play since people who know what's up are going to block F2 xx TS every time. Harley also has fuzzy setups with J3 after blocked 112 and F23.

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
You can use 112 after a deep jump in, there's enough block stun on the j2 to where they can't crouch the first 1 in the 112 string. d1, b22 is another frame trap because she takes a step back when using b2.... but doesn't work on characters with long range pokes like Doomsday's d1. 33 is +8 on block so you can do d1 after, only problem is that the first 3 takes 21 frames to startup.

I hadn't thought about cancelling f23 into silly slide that sounds promising but on block you can only cancel it with tantrum stance right? Does the dash recover in time to continue poking? And what did they do to 2d3 in the patch?

Sasuga

Noob
I hadn't thought about cancelling f23 into silly slide that sounds promising but on block you can only cancel it with tantrum stance right? Does the dash recover in time to continue poking? And what did they do to 2d3 in the patch?
It no longer has +10 of so on block; it's now close to zero.

booivi

Good Game :)
Can anyone test this for me? Does the "2" in the string 112 hit mid? also, if we were to do 112 at jump distance and the opponent blocks the "2" from the string 112, does harley get free dash in pressure? or better yet, SS canceled into TS. Let me know if it works, thanks.

I'm almost positive both hits of the 2 hit mid but I can't test it right now. I wonder if the two gunshots of b121 are mid. I think there's only one frame of difference on block between those two strings but the b121 moves you forward

booivi

I'm almost positive both hits of the 2 hit mid but I can't test it right now. I wonder if the two gunshots of b121 are mid. I think there's only one frame of difference on block between those two strings but the b121 moves you forward
Yeah but the thing is 112 can be executed from range, without having to be on the opponents face. while, b121 can't be done from range.

deg222

Can anyone test this for me? Does the "2" in the string 112 hit mid? also, if we were to do 112 at jump distance and the opponent blocks the "2" from the string 112, does harley get free dash in pressure? or better yet, SS canceled into TS. Let me know if it works, thanks.
The 2 in 112 is 2 different hits, both being mids.... however the 2nd hit will whiff on some crouching characters at point blank and whiffs on all crouching characters from a distance. You cannot special cancel the 2 if the 2nd hit whiffs and if you do cancel it into a silly slide, she's at least -6 on block.... the closer the worst.

booivi

The 2 in 112 is 2 different hits, both being mids.... however the 2nd hit will whiff on some crouching characters at point blank and whiffs on all crouching characters from a distance. You cannot special cancel the 2 if the 2nd hit whiffs and if you do cancel it into a silly slide, she's at least -6 on block.... the closer the worst.
Ok but lets assume the opponent stand blocks the 112 from a distance, doesnt that give Harley free ss, ts pressure or ts if closer?

deg222

Ok but lets assume the opponent stand blocks the 112 from a distance, doesnt that give Harley free ss, ts pressure or ts if closer?
Testing this situation at a distance, a 6 frame move traded with the TS (112 xx SS xx TS) and ONLY if TS is timed as early as possible, which seems a little difficult. At point blank the TS doesn't come out quick enough and gets stuffed. The better frame trap with 112 at point blank is to do b2.

112 xx TS at point blank seems to be a true block string, I can't even poke out of it.

booivi

Testing this situation at a distance, a 6 frame move traded with the TS (112 xx SS xx TS) and ONLY if TS is timed as early as possible, which seems a little difficult. At point blank the TS doesn't come out quick enough and gets stuffed. The better frame trap with 112 at point blank is to do b2.

112 xx TS at point blank seems to be a true block string, I can't even poke out of it.
I also had in mind that after a blocked 112 at around jump distance you can follow it up with dashxxb121 for a frametrap. Not sure.

booivi

Yeah d1, into b2xxTS,1 is a frametrap also isn't it? Don't forget you can cancel the b22 and just do b2xxTS,1...lol