What's new

Question Harley's 123 combo ???

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I decided to really sit down an d finally understand this chick. She was really the reason I wanted to play IGAU. I had issues learning her and now that I have a solid main (HG) I wanna learn Harley way more than I did before.

I got plenty of her BnBs down well, but I feel there exists potential in her 123 combo. I just can't think of a good follow up for it anyone got any ideas?

TheRFG

Noob
isn't that a position changer, so if you are in the corner, doesn't that put them back in the corner?

I haven't played her much since the patches, but I seem to remember continuing with f1 string

Whenever I'm not sure what I want, I usually do a 2 into play doctor and stand them up

TheSpore

Well using your idea with F1 you can thus far hit a F1 xxTS1, but it ends there I can't get a B3 in, but I can use a TS3 and get a pretty good result.

-EDIT- Your idea of 2xxPD works well, I wonder if there is other possibilities.

TheRFG

Noob
there are quite a few strings that you can end with play doctor, some only work in a juggle. Her corner combo ends with 1, 1xxPD

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
Her 123 combo used to be real good. It lead into an untechable knockdown that granted you an ambiguous setup. But they made it rollable now.

TheRFG

Noob
depending on the opponent(character and skill level), a better alternative may to just do a neutral jump 2 into her main combo. I know her neutral jump is awesome for that. So I would maybe do 123, j2, b+22, ts,1, b3~

depending on the opponent(character and skill level), a better alternative may to just do a neutral jump 2 into her main combo. I know her neutral jump is awesome for that. So I would maybe do 123, j2, b+22, ts,1, b3~
Will the TS1 juggle them enough for the B3 after they're already airborne?

I use the 123 after a crossup near the corner to put them back in. You can get basically the full corner bnb if you're close enough (F13 > F13 > 112 > PD/SS). Only problem is it's not totally safe on block I think the 123 is -8?

TheRFG

Noob
No it won't. That combo will end after TS~1.

let them land after the 123, then if they don't perform a wakeup attack or uppercut you should be able to start a nice combo. That's why I said depending on the character they choose, and the skill level of the player you are fighting, many get nailed by the j2. If they like to wakeup attack a lot, just wait for it and punish with the b+22 into combo

TheSpore

Several of your ideas have worked thus far with this chain, I just don't think that a B3 is possible with this chain.

I pretty much only use it when I have my back to the corner to get them into the corner for a big combo.

123 F13 F13 112 1 12 PD

TheSpore

Probably not. The increased gravity after every juggle is a deal breaker in this case.
Thats what I figured, now in the corner could be diffrent, but unless your going for a transition why you would use it there would be beyond me, IMO that kind of wall bounce would ruin the the folow up attemp to continue a combo.

Alexandru Pascu

XBLGT:LordR3van90
Thats what I figured, now in the corner could be diffrent, but unless your going for a transition why you would use it there would be beyond me, IMO that kind of wall bounce would ruin the the folow up attemp to continue a combo.
Unclashable damage I suppose, though it definitely works better the way you said it.

in the corner I have been playing with
ji2 (crossover), 1,2,3, f+1, 3, 1,2,3
as sorta a Killer Frost clone. Tried another f+1 but that misses but might be something to build on

edit: f+1 can hit again for a total of 33%

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
midscreen it kind of sucks because if you land ji2 12 then you might as well do tantrum cartwheel into your normal combo, unless you really want then away from an interactable or something, but in the corner, this is golden! ji2 123 f13 f13 112 12 PD does 44% and mb pd does 52%

and after the mb pd you can do your normal pd corner setups. the best is d1 tantrum.