What's new

Question Harley Quinn's super in the corner

Jermball

Noob
so midscreen when she does super, she stays in place. However in the corner, the game makes her take two steps back, which if people don't know...that doesn't allow you to connect B22 into super, you have to do B22 tantrum cartwheel into super, and against smaller characters sometimes that doesn't hit. does this only happen to harley?

redeyes

Button Masher
You seem to have missed the point of the thread. This is talking about the pushback Harley suffers while activating her super in the corner. Not landing a super in a combo into the corner.
you seem to of missed how i was asked to post a video of that combo.
and also i just showed a combo that can be done from the corner.

so derps on u.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
you seem to of missed how i was asked to post a video of that combo.
and also i just showed a combo that can be done from the corner.

so derps on u.
/sigh

The topic is landing supers in the corner. Nu posted a combo, which based on the topic at hand, would suggest landing the combo in the corner (though based on his inclusion of b3, I'm sure it is a midscreen combo). You post a combo and subseqent video that works midscreen, thus not helping answer the OP's question. Harley's super in the corner pushes her out of the corner, keeping her from landing the initial hit from her spinning and only hitting when she actually throws her hammer.

To actually answer the OP's issue and question:

In the corner you have to do something with either bounce potential (TS~1 like you mentioned) or with high launch/float potential (f2,3 or 2,u3). There are a couple of strings that you can use that will cause enough hit stun that you can land the super from the throw distance (IIRC 1,2 works, but I'm at work right now and can't check).

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
The only issue I have with her super is the delay time after it is done I can't seem to figure out when exactly when to be able start throwing in more inputs, because she stands there for so damn long.

Jermball

Noob
ok i'm assuming that harley's super is really strong because it can hit 3 times before, so i'm assuming they felt it might've been too powerful in the corner, and thus thats why you get the pushback. I know you can do B22 tantrum cartwheel to get super in corner but, i'm just annoyed when it's in the heat of the moment, I'll try to land super and stupidly forget that it pushes back in corner only.

I have been able to get 56% in corner using
UF2 112 DF1 112 F1 Super, and i haven't been able to figure out a way to end it..
i'll make a video and post it.

redeyes

Button Masher
/sigh

The topic is landing supers in the corner. Nu posted a combo, which based on the topic at hand, would suggest landing the combo in the corner (though based on his inclusion of b3, I'm sure it is a midscreen combo). You post a combo and subseqent video that works midscreen, thus not helping answer the OP's question. Harley's super in the corner pushes her out of the corner, keeping her from landing the initial hit from her spinning and only hitting when she actually throws her hammer.

To actually answer the OP's issue and question:

In the corner you have to do something with either bounce potential (TS~1 like you mentioned) or with high launch/float potential (f2,3 or 2,u3). There are a couple of strings that you can use that will cause enough hit stun that you can land the super from the throw distance (IIRC 1,2 works, but I'm at work right now and can't check).
you forgot the fact that... SOMEONE ELSE ASKED ME FOR A VIDEO OF MY COMBO god damn.

Jermball

Noob
You seem to have missed the point of the thread. This is talking about the pushback Harley suffers while activating her super in the corner. Not landing a super in a combo into the corner.
That was a very nice combo red. The thing is, when you have opponent trapped in the corner, and you try to combo to super it would push harley back and sometimes cause me to miss my combo. I just find it odd she's the only character i've seen that does this.

bc_atlas

Noob
you forgot the fact that... SOMEONE ELSE ASKED ME FOR A VIDEO OF MY COMBO god damn.
They asked for a video because they thought the combo would be done in the corner. You completely ignored the entire point of the thread and posted something completely irrelevant, AND ignored the reason they even asked for the video.

The combo I've been doing in the corner is:

B22, TS 1, F13, F13, 1 xx super

doing 12 xx super at the end is also possible but seems very inconsistent. Sometimes the super hits, sometimes it doesn't.

Gooch Peencher

XBL GT: Unikob
b121 into super works well but you have to super as soon as you seen the gun muzzle flash. Its what I use, in combos or by itself

Ohoh... I had a ton of fun figuring this one out.
J.2, B22 xx DB3 1, F13, B121 xx Super, 3 xx DBF1 (60% damage, Full meter)

So here's the fun thing about going from B121 xx Super. You have to click super right as the last gunshot fires. What happens is as the intro to the super plays, the gunshot is actually just sitting there. After the intro finishes, THEN the opponent gets hit by the projectile from the gun, keeping him floating and letting both hammer hits land.

Since making this combo, I found that after the super you can actually do a j.2 (very late) into 12, DBF1. I haven't checked the damage on that yet.

The combo redeyes posted, is also one I'd be toying around with.This might just be me being bad, but It doesn't seem to connect on female characters with their smaller hitboxes. I've noticed this with various other Supermove combos too. Makes me sad that my combos can't be as swagtestic against women as they are men... ):

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
Ohoh... I had a ton of fun figuring this one out.
J.2, B22 xx DB3 1, F13, B121 xx Super, 3 xx DBF1 (60% damage, Full meter)

So here's the fun thing about going from B121 xx Super. You have to click super right as the last gunshot fires. What happens is as the intro to the super plays, the gunshot is actually just sitting there. After the intro finishes, THEN the opponent gets hit by the projectile from the gun, keeping him floating and letting both hammer hits land.

Since making this combo, I found that after the super you can actually do a j.2 (very late) into 12, DBF1. I haven't checked the damage on that yet.
Haha this sounds great, I'll have to try this out asap.