What's new

Video/Tutorial Harley Quinn battle arena video breakdown

Video to help digest anything we can from it. Since she has already been eliminated, I think it's only safe to assume we will not be seeing anything else from her until the players get their hands on the game.

-Right off the bat, I think one of the things that caught my eye was that her mallet throw move may possibly be a charge up attack. I'm only saying this because I don't remember her animation taking that long for the attack to come out. Not to mention that int he video, you can see instances where it is held much longer than normal.

-Lots of possible juggling abilities due to some of her kick attacks having pop up effects.

-Looks like one of her trait attacks backfired on her at the 57 second mark. Will this be a probability gimmick?

-At 44 seconds into the fight, she can use her guns to shoot non stage transition things.

any other thoughts?

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
She's going to be my gimmick character.

What I've also noticed is her Super has a lot of comboability both before and after. The cross ups will be delicious in this game did you see WW do a cross over combo with her sword?

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
00:25 Power Attack is Mallet smash. Very good whiff punisher (approx 2 character spaces away). Causes wall bounce/
00:27 HQ juggles off her WB with a mid air drop kick allowing her to follow up with punch, punch, gun shot cancel (fires twice)
00:37 Stage interaction - drops a t.v which seems to leave her really unsafe if the t.v whiffs (WW gets full combo)
00:44 Stage interaction - shoots a t.v.
00:48 punch, punch, kick is a launcher string. Lifts opponent over HQ, allowing her to combo (she ends with gun shot)
00:56 Stage interaction
00:58 HQ's random gun thing...Really unsafe...(WW power attacks her into Arkham Asylum where she is brutally beaten by just about every one of Batman's villains...)

01:11 HQ's jump in is her drop kick which she can combo into launch from.
01:13 Knee drop kick causes juggle state
01:16 Stage interaction (just pushes some meat...)
01:24 Different kind of gun shot this time. Has some recovery on it though.
01:26 Stage interaction allows HQ to X-up her opponent into full combo
01:28 Her x-up combo ended in a over head smash causing stagger state. She can follow this up with knee drop kick into cartwheel which causes juggle. She can follow that up with gun shots (on the ground - might be part of the same move)

01:47 Might be HQ's throw...causes stagger that allows her a full combo (she ends up connecting a power attack which causes wall bounce. Follows that up with her Super (so her Super can be juggled)

02:05 HQ can actually juggle from her super (i've seen it done in previous footage) but it's not shown here.

So apart from her useless random move generator, she looks...aiight so far. She's got some interesting things with her gun shot cancels but imo the vid doesn't really sell her actual move set very well. Spends most of the time on the damn chandeliors...

What I've also noticed is her Super has a lot of comboability both before and after. The cross ups will be delicious in this game did you see WW do a cross over combo with her sword?
Yep. I pointed out that cross up attack in the thread where they are talking about both videos. Game looks to have a lot of juggling properties to.

Amazon

Noob
I was watching a your tube video of WW ( in an old build of the game) going through the ladder and in the video you see Harley use the mallet smash a number of times, and you're right i think it can be charged up.

Also, what was the the move where the item popped out but did nothing? It was awesome with halrey going "what the...?" would love to see what happens if this connects.

Also in theat video, harley belw a kiss ( or something) and had little love hearts floating around her head ... not sure if they are shield/stuns/dmg modifiers. I have a feeling that all toons have a LOT more moves then we have seen :-/

Halrey will be one of my mains, behind WW and Joker.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

She's Red, stay away from Her!

Hold on to your Dick and leave my characters alone!

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I was watching a your tube video of WW ( in an old build of the game) going through the ladder and in the video you see Harley use the mallet smash a number of times, and you're right i think it can be charged up.

Also, what was the the move where the item popped out but did nothing? It was awesome with halrey going "what the...?" would love to see what happens if this connects.

Also in theat video, harley belw a kiss ( or something) and had little love hearts floating around her head ... not sure if they are shield/stuns/dmg modifiers. I have a feeling that all toons have a LOT more moves then we have seen :-/

Halrey will be one of my mains, behind WW and Joker.
That move is a corkscrew projectile, you can charge it, but you have to release it at a special point in its animation, if you do it right, the attack gets extra damage(I think), but if you wait too long, it just pops out like what happened in the video.

You can see her use it in other videos, it's the pink looking fireball.