What's new

Tech Hard knockdown dash crossup oki

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Posting on my phone and didn't see this posted anywhere, so if this was already found I apologize ahead of time.

With all the current focus on Bola loops, I decided to look for other tech. In my search, I noticed her dashes are hop dashes. So naturally, I started looking for oki dash crossups/dead body hops. Well her dash doesn't fully cross over the body, HOWEVER, there is great potential in the corner.

This works with any hard knockdown that doesn't push you away. For timing purposes for testing, I'm using D3. Basically, I'm just doing D3~forward dash > neutral j2. Few things I've noticed come from this.

• If you dash quickly and neutral jump, they will wakeup facing the corner and you will cross them up (your back to corner).
  • If you delay the dash slightly then jump, you'll stay in front (their back to the corner).
  • If you time your dash so that you are over them as wakeup frames start without jumping, they wake up facing the corner and their back to you.
#3 is the most interesting. As far as I can tell, when you dash over them, you don't actually dash completely through them. The game doesn't allow it and it pushes you back to where you were. But because it is a hop, it passes over them just enough to register as you being on the other side of them that it screws up their wakeup. So they wakeup with their backs to you and you get a free corner punish combo.

Now, with that said, all my testing so far has been on Joker with roll/wakeup on just to see what I could get away with. There is some randomness that I noticed based on how the wakeup reacts (ie. His flower leans him forward so sometimes the j2 doesn't crossup), and further testing needs to be done with other characters and to make sure ths is legit viable.

Anyways, I hope this makes sense. Don't have the resources atm to make a video or anything. But if you have questions, I'll try to clarify.

Edit- Formatting.

Also, as it turns out, you can also do this from D3 midscreen.

Interesting note, when you do the hard knockdown and then hop into them, when you jump backwards you stay in place while in the corner. Jumping forwards throws you out of the corner sometimes, lol. Haha batgirl is crazy.

Abil4ty

Hawaii
Another interesting thing with this.

Corner only: When you D3 and dash over them, then do an instant jump>Super. the animation will be Batgirl facing away from the corner. making them confused at which way to block and the hit animation is facing the corner. LOL Fake direction animation gimmick.

Timing is very strict because something about their wakeup pushes you back out of the corner.
It might be a 50/50 if you think about it. If you can consistently do the fake one and do the deeper jump>super for the actual crossup.

I'm still waiting for someone to find crossover tech without jumping. Lets go people!

If you J3 at the peak of the jump, it will always hit front. If you delay just a bit neutral J2, it will always cross up.

Tried it a couple of time vs a buddy online and he was able to backdash/frontdash the setup. I'm prolly doing it wrong. I didn't test it much.