What's new

Question - Ninjitsu Handling pressure with ninjitsu

I'm not a very good player, an online warrior and i don't play as much as most TYM users, If that helps at all.

I normally play GM Subz, But i've recently started playing Ninjitsu Scorpion. The issue I seem to be having is getting pressured or feeling like I have to block, An example would be tempest KL block pressure. Since most of Scorp's specials EX'd don't have armor except takedown(BF4) which is negative on hit, and even more so on block because of this, Armoring out doesn't really feel like an option. This is my opinion but it feels like F2 and B2 are both too slow on startup to punish any string that is blocked especially so online, The only time i'm able to land the variation launchers are when i can catch the opponent running towards me, i'd assume this is because of online delay.

trying to condense that into a sentence

How can ninjitsu scorpion handle getting pressured into blocking online?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Take down is only -5 if they use a wake up attack. It's actually around +5 if they don't wake up which allows you to go for a throw or pressure. This is your only option to get out of pressure that you can't d1 out of.