What's new

Guaranteed frame advantage

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
It seems like they can NOT jump forwards or backwards, but can occasionally jump up neutrally, however they are still hit with 3,3 or 1,2,1. They can NOT D1 or D3 poke out of it either.

Ok nevermind, you can actually get a guaranteed 10 frame string. Tested with uppercut which is supposed to be 10 frames. I tried testing with 11 frames but his ex teleport is the only thing that's 11 and i didn't test much.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Ok nevermind, you can actually get a guaranteed 10 frame string. Tested with uppercut which is supposed to be 10 frames. I tried testing with 11 frames but his ex teleport is the only thing that's 11 and i didn't test much.
Would you mind clarifying for me? I don't get it cuz I'm dumb and don't really understand specific frames like you do. =) More importantly, refer to the "I'm dumb" part.

Would you mind clarifying for me? I don't get it cuz I'm dumb and don't really understand specific frames like you do. =) More importantly, refer to the "I'm dumb" part.
Mortal kombat runs at 60 frames per second. When you look at Cyrax's D1, which comes out at 6 frames, we can pretty much say his D1 comes out in 1/10th of a second.

If you still don't get that, then think of frames as a time unit. Cyrax's standing 1 is 9 frames, meaning anything faster (less than 9 frames) will beat it if both are inputted at the same time.

I get it now. Thanks. Division ftw! How did you initially figure out that his D1 is 6 frames though?
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4992-Cyrax-Frame-Data

That thread is stickied btw. It's also old, so I'm thinking it may need to be redone. Every other character's frame data is probably accurate though. You cyrax players are lucky, Cyrax is one of the few characters that has frame data on recovery. Moves that are advantage on block: 334 and F2.