What's new

Guaranteed frame advantage

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
F2 (w/o saw) to airgrab puts you right next to your opponent for frame advantage. Forces them into a situation where they need to block or they get hit with another combo. If they don't block, you can do 3,3 (into further comboing)... or if they block, you can throw or command grab. Basically it's trial and error but Cyrax has frame advantage regardless. I'll fudge around some more after work tomorrow.

Tried this against my friend on controller 2, and she couldn't even D1 out of this with Kano or Cage. Kano couldn't do his diagonal roll out of it too. Didn't have her try EX/armor moves though.

You can get a guaranteed standing 1, but how useful is F2 air grab? You're at disadvantage if they block. Just F2 by itself gives advantage on block.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
You can get a guaranteed standing 1, but how useful is F2 air grab? You're at disadvantage if they block. Just F2 by itself gives advantage on block.
He probably means on hit. I use F2 on block for pressure, and I've known about F2 on hit which is very "Anti-Air" confirmable.

I'm actually working on something for SCR using similar tactics.

I know that you meant on hit. I probably should have said you could get a guaranteed standing 1 on hit.

[MENTION=3]Krayzie[/MENTION] You can hit confirm F2 into anti air? Do you have the reflexes of a god?

Seapeople

This one's for you
100% certain they can EX or x-ray out of it. But it wouldnt be worth the risk for them to want to EX out of it. so its basically free frame advantage.

I just tested it further and you can get a free 1,2,1~saw, before they can jump or duck out of the way. Great find!
I'm quoting from the first thread lol. This seems kind of like a combo you did in the Cyrax round 5 video.

It was f2, anti air after a low air net and Cyrax could immediately throw afterward. How useful is that setup?

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I know that you meant on hit. I probably should have said you could get a guaranteed standing 1 on hit.

[MENTION=3]Krayzie[/MENTION] You can hit confirm F2 into anti air? Do you have the reflexes of a god?
I suppose I do then.

When you have been playing a "Rush-Down" Cyrax for as long as I have, you have the eye for it.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I'm quoting from the first thread lol. This seems kind of like a combo you did in the Cyrax round 5 video.

It was f2, anti air after a low air net and Cyrax could immediately throw afterward. How useful is that setup?
That was just a setup, its completely escapable..

Last night i recorded some matches where i was using the f+2 into anti air, though i wasnt using it to get free chip damage, i was using it to push my buddy into a bomb trap. He caught on quick and figured out how to escape it lol.

I think this is a good pressure tool though. Not much use in combos but great for pressuring your opponent. Good find scars!

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Remember what i had told you that i had a meterless reset with F2...it works kinda like what ur describing.

I know i got you thinking when i told you i had an F2 reset lol!

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
not bad, and at certain distances you can poke with f2 without worrying about them screwing you up with a jip, can they low poke you after f2 has hit or is a guaranteed combo if they fight back after the air throw?

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
not bad, and at certain distances you can poke with f2 without worrying about them screwing you up with a jip, can they low poke you after f2 has hit or is a guaranteed combo if they fight back after the air throw?
Its not guaranteed, you're just at advantage.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I suppose I do then.

When you have been playing a "Rush-Down" Cyrax for as long as I have, you have the eye for it.
I feel like the way you play Cyrax is the right way. Command Grab mixups and much more mind fracking than simply trying to get through full screen bomb traps.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
If you F2 to airgrab, their ONLY option is to block or do an EX move. You have guaranteed frame advantage, but not a guaranteed combo. 3,3 looks like the best option after landing F2 to airgrab.

If you F2 to airgrab, their ONLY option is to block or do an EX move. You have guaranteed frame advantage, but not a guaranteed combo. 3,3 looks like the best option after landing F2 to airgrab.
9 frame strings are guaranteed. meaning 121 and 334 cannot be armored out of.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
9 frame strings are guaranteed. meaning 121 and 334 cannot be armored out of.
So if you F2 to airgrab, the opponent's only options are block or X-Ray so they don't get hit with 3,3 or 1,2,1?

Are you positive they can't do an armor move as well? Maybe it would depend on the character?

So if you F2 to airgrab, the opponent's only options are block or X-Ray so they don't get hit with 3,3 or 1,2,1?

Are you positive they can't do an armor move as well? Maybe it would depend on the character?
I've tested it. If you're fast enough, a 9 frame string is completely inescapable. Even with x-ray. Stagger stun is universal for all characters. I highly highly doubt that F2 air grab would give less advantage depending on the character. Different stances might affect stagger state though. My method of testing hasn't failed me before; I've actually gotten accurate frame data with my method of testing.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I've tested it. If you're fast enough, a 9 frame string is completely inescapable. Even with x-ray. Stagger stun is universal for all characters. I highly highly doubt that F2 air grab would give less advantage depending on the character. Different stances might affect stagger state though. My method of testing hasn't failed me before; I've actually gotten accurate frame data with my method of testing.
So then, it's official..

Cyrax wins.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
im not talking about a guaranteed combo, i mean if you hit with a f2,then go into anti air, is your follow up guaranteed so they have no choce but to block, or can they leave the ground by holding up, or interupt it with a 6 frame d1?

im not talking about a guaranteed combo, i mean if you hit with a f2,then go into anti air, is your follow up guaranteed so they have no choce but to block, or can they leave the ground by holding up, or interupt it with a 6 frame d1?
I've already answered this question. A 9 frame move (standing 1) is completely inescapable. It'd be pretty hard to time it to the exact frame but yea, 9 frames.