What's new

Tech - Master of Souls Guaranteed Chip of +18 Block advantage

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Now I'm not sure how practical this is as I'm not an Ermac player, and it could already be known but it's something cool I found.

bf1 is +18 on block allowing frame traps and guaranteed chip damage.
The video below shows some examples of true block strings.

After the soul ball hits I do 3 forward dashes, bf1 short run cancel into string.
I set the AI to auto block reversal slide.
The low starter was a frame trap as I couldn't get it to be a true block string.
Changing the timing slightly you can also make the overhead a fram trap rather than a true blockstring.
The first clip I showed deals decent chip damage: 1.75+0.75+0.75+0.5+1.25+2.13 = 7.13%
I only demonstrated f4 into bf2 but it will work after a full combo as long as the 3 dashes will take you touching the opponent.
Maybe this is a bit gimmicky, IDK as I'm not an Ermac player as I said but I thought it was an interesting find :)

colby4898

You can get + frames off of normals on hit, but thanks for sharing what you found! Unlike some people! SARAH!
(@SonicFox5000)
I realise that but I thought there might be something in the frame traps that could be useful.
If you end in b12, they're going to wait the mix up or try and armour.
If you do this maybe they won't know the pop is +18 and try press a button and get caught in a combo.
That's why I thought it might be gimmicky, because it assumed they dont know.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It's a cool idea.

The only problem is that the only application I can see for it is if they have a breaker, but you might as well just do bf1 in db2 which grants more unbreakable damage then he can get in a chip situation.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Neat, iunno how the chip would go though - I'd sooner just throw. I think that +18 stuff is interesting though

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
this can be used to close out rounds when the opp had meter and a little life left..... so you can do like 222 ex teleport for a chip out

colby4898

on hit it gives you around +14. you cannot armor through +14. you test it yourself by recording ermac doing b12 then f4. you can see that you wont be able to armor.
+23 on hit, so nope unless you're onlining hard.

Only way they can armour is if you follow up with B2 lol
Ah ok I didn't realise that my bad.

Now I think about it you might be able to armour through the bf1... I'll test it out.

Edit: You can armour through bf1.

Last edited: