What's new

Grundy fun in fortress, best stage?

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
That corner has great stuff for a lot of characters. Joker has one, as well as Lex I believe, and probably a few others.
Great stuff man.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Let's just say that if you don't know thechs specific to FoS, you'd better avoid this stage altogether.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
yo @Klesk_1 me and nooby talked a bit about this in the bnb thread i think check it out ,, couple of things for u to play with ji2 b13 bf2 (lazer) , db3 , b1 bf2 , 2 health trait
also on the other side u can link b1 into the rocket ship for really good damage

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
Cheers fellas, it can be optimized further if you substitue the 11 after walking corpse with a straight up 2 to the face :]

I'll try that fr_stack - thank you.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Is walking corpse guaranteed after a B1? I used to have this listed in the old combo thread. Heres a list of notable moves that can combo into laser, that couldn't get any big combo or no combo at all.

D13, D3, Dead Air, EX Walking Corpse, and Cleaver.

Also the left side of the Yard on Strikers Island is pretty sick too. If you hit them with a EX WC in the corner, you can OTG them with the dumbbell which does a whopping 36% damage!! For a total of 55% unclashable damage counting the EX WC.

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
You can always skip the j2 b1 and just wc after the sh I suppose.

Good knowledge on strikers. Same with themy tree right?

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
now this is how to waste 4 bars guys (in corner)
nj2 b1 bf3 MB, d2 bf3 MB , lazer , backdash , bf3 MB , d2 , 53 % after the second d2 do another bf3 MB , lazer , b3, ji3 11 health trait for 47%
:cool::DOGE

Last edited:

Golden Gun Fun

Zoned on a Tuesday
With opponent in lazer corner. 112, bf2 mb, bf2, 1, db2 mb, Jump over 2, 2, bf2, 11, bf2, lazer, bf2, 1, trait for 2 bars 74 percent and dead air a whopping 5 times :joker:

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Even better, Grundy can use the interactable in that corner off of a d3 ass well.

Besides the threat of clever, getting hit by his d3/mb swamp feet lead to the same situation. Not only that, but this stage also has a wallbounce, so it's heaven for him.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
Grundy is ridiculous on that stage. He has dirt on the other side too.

One thing I haven't seen anyone doing is whiffing a normal after MB swamp hands to reset the combo. Does this not work? or are you best of just taking the damage while you can with him?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
One thing I haven't seen anyone doing is whiffing a normal after MB swamp hands to reset the combo. Does this not work? or are you best of just taking the damage while you can with him?
I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but can't you just time it or go for ji2~b1 and then do a reset? Granted, I've heard that some characters can just backdash anything after b1 reset. so I dunno...