What's new

Grrrr!! I have hit a brick wall.

Im stuck. hardcore stuck.

I consider myself a decent player. Im probably too fair for my own good.

It would seem lately I have been losing alot, my mains are:

Reptile
Kitana

My old mains (retired due to cheapness)

Kabal
R. Smoke

I have read through all the strategies on this site, and taken them in the best I can.. I dont know my problem, perhaps if someone was willing they could play some rounds with me and observe my behavior and help me out.

Anything to get off this plateu my play skill is stuck at.

ded

Elder God
learn rj pressure and zonning/placement with those characters, you dont need anything else for them

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Did you read through the general gameplay guide? Once you master fundamental strats you will find it easier to win and you will be using character strats even better. I was talking to Konqrr about this the other night.

It's funny when some people get upset when you pick cyber smoke. One person said "Great, the cheapest character in the game." I couldn't help but giggle. Anyway, 90% of smoke players on live dont know how to play. I have yet to see some one do a aaHP after the teleport before the spear. Even when it connects in the air and they can get an extra 13% before the spear they just wait for the other character to get low enough then spear. So I dont know where these people get the idea that smoke is cheap.

well I admit I at first picked Robo smoke just because I could exploit the tele-cut and then go into the spear combo. I didnt stop playing him because I felt like evening out the playing field, I did so because the complaints and bitching got overly irritating.

This was within the first week of release, so its no big deal I dont play him anymore as I have learned other characters.

But, ill re-read the basic guide and see what I can do.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The funniest concept about Robot Smoke shows what is an obvious lack of effort by players. First off, he has a containment juggle, second, he has a containment projectile.

So in essence, players want to be so lazy that they need a sudden, easy to perform reverse hitting move that can be easily enhanced by bad netplay conditions, that sets up another move that ALSO allows for a free hit/combo. So that's two steps, each easier than the next, to get a simple 5 hit combo.

Just thank goodness that they don't know how to get 50%+ with him because at least now you have 3 chances to beat them based on Laggerport Uppercuts.

XL

Noob
On that subject, someone needs to make a lag tier list. :p

With Kitana, my basic strategy is just to rush in and fake them out from time to time with your fan, since it stalls you in the air for a second or two. I love doing that against characters who have slides, because I usually land right on top of them and can do the female ninja broken combo (HK, HK, LK - wait- HK). I don't always do the broken combo, depending on if I see they go for the slide again. Then I'll just do the full combo. Run jabs are also key with Kitana, since she has one of the greatest throws in the game.

I petition shock to do a video version of the basic gameplay guide.

the run jabbing kara jabbing hp cancel all that stuff.. seeing it in a video would rock my socks.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
We've been meaning to make video guides. It's a huge undertaking that I just have not had the time, patience and hard drive space for.

Derek

Noob
Shock said:
We've been meaning to make video guides. It's a huge undertaking that I just have not had the time, patience and hard drive space for.
Well, maybe if I have some free time I can get around to doing it. I know I'm an average UMK3 player but maybe I can help the site out. I've got about 20 gigs of free space and could host the files at putfile.com Feel free to contact me on AIM if you need some help Shock.

I have 180 gigs of free space, in your face. :twisted:

Its going to be hard to make a general gameplay video guide. So much to cover, and things like cancels aren't going to be easy to understand without text.

Derek

Noob
DAVE101 said:
I have 180 gigs of free space, in your face. :twisted:

Its going to be hard to make a general gameplay video guide. So much to cover, and things like cancels aren't going to be easy to understand without text.
That's just internally nub. I save all videos to my actual HDD. I have a 200 gig external that I'm not currently using that I'll use when I get my new Dell XPS.

ded

Elder God
whats that shit all about, no umk3 sg videos before the video we are working on now! :twisted:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I just mean on my hard drive, I have to do a LOT of HD cleaning and condensing of CDRs to DVD's for now. After I get everything organized ded_ and I will go over what we need to do for the tutorial videos. They are long overdue. I'm not sure how I want to record them yet, but I would like Selpex to record them for the higher frame rate since frames are important.

Selpex

Noob
my fps problems are back no idea whats wrong now, new fan in helped for a while but i dont think its anything to do with hardware, restoring to an earlier date gives me changes in fps, someone here might know whats wrong