What's new

Greetings TYM (Starting out)

Greenk4

"I'm so good at this game" said me never (yet)
Hi there TYM community. you can all call me Green, I'm new to the Mortal Kombat scene so I thought I'd give it a try just to learn a character or two and get more involved with the scene. (I know I probably won't get too amazing at the game but learning more about the scene and community is an experience all on its own)

I did play this game a little before way back before any DLC characters were shown off (back when Kung Lao was all you saw really lol) so I have some ideas of what to know, kind of. As for characters I saw I had some idea how to use Kung Lao and a little bit of Smoke but as for who i'll use now we'll have to see.

Hope to pick up some knowledge and meet all the cool people soon.
-Greenk4 (this is also my gamer tag and psn name but right now I'm not trying to do any online action yet)

Greenk4

Thank you kindly and now to embark on a mystical journey to find a character and learn more about the game lol

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Welcome! This is the #1 site on the internet for all things MK!
You can learn essentially everything from setups to combos to tactics and back again in the character subforums.

If you have questions about the game or about how to do something on the forums, ask anyone really.
Everyone heres pretty chill.

Greenk4

Thanks, its appreciated how chill this place can be compared to other communities

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Welcome! Please enjoy your stay

Also, I used my uber haxor abilites to find out that you are from PA.... mind saying whereabouts? (Not intended to be as creepy as it sounds :D)

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Welcome to TYM! Lots of great people and great info here. Enjoy your MK magical mystery tour!

Greetings, Greenk. Welcome to this land of mysterious darkness, shrouded knowledge and sub-forum networks, named TestYourMight.com!

Thank you kindly and now to embark on a mystical journey to find a character and learn more about the game lol
"Find a character and learn more about the game", sounds like a job for Liu Kang! He's your one-stop-shop for learning the fundamentals of MK9, all in one character. With him, you can learn, practice and improve in: Rushdown, mix-ups, zoning, anti-airs, spacing, counter-poking, and instant-air projectiles. (His wakeup game is kind of shallow, however)

Alternatives are Johnny Cage (focuses on rushdown, some mix-ups and anti-airs) and Sektor (an all-rounder like Liu Kang, but more "technical").

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
naaaah man, ur gonna wanna start with kano ;D he got teh buffs bro! dats where its at ;D

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Hi there TYM community. you can all call me Green, I'm new to the Mortal Kombat scene so I thought I'd give it a try just to learn a character or two and get more involved with the scene. (I know I probably won't get too amazing at the game but learning more about the scene and community is an experience all on its own)

I did play this game a little before way back before any DLC characters were shown off (back when Kung Lao was all you saw really lol) so I have some ideas of what to know, kind of. As for characters I saw I had some idea how to use Kung Lao and a little bit of Smoke but as for who i'll use now we'll have to see.

Hope to pick up some knowledge and meet all the cool people soon.
-Greenk4 (this is also my gamer tag and psn name but right now I'm not trying to do any online action yet)
srry but ur Quagsire avatar made me think of this...

lol

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Welcome. Ask questions, have fun. Go back and re-learn Smoke. He's the reason why you're here in the first place amirite?

KILLA_xGHOST

Greenk4

Welcome! Please enjoy your stay

Also, I used my uber haxor abilites to find out that you are from PA.... mind saying whereabouts? (Not intended to be as creepy as it sounds :D)
lol its ok but I hail from the allentown region

Greenk4

Welcome. Ask questions, have fun. Go back and re-learn Smoke. He's the reason why you're here in the first place amirite?

KILLA_xGHOST
You bring a good point so yes I really should consider it, I think I just want to check out a bunch of characters and just overall learn this game and match-ups better

Glass Sword

Nobody
Greenk4
My best advice for you is play who you enjoy if you don't care about your performance. Just remember to smile since this game can get frustrating at times ESPECIALLY online. MK is not THAT deep so it won't hurt to learn several characters until you find the one.