What's new

Greetings from Singapore (any GMT + 8 players around?)

sgZick

Noob
Hello everyone,

I read this forum a while back when playing MK9 and now suddenly was finding it again when looking for Injustice advise. Time to participate and get an account. As the title giving away, I am based in Singapore at GMT +8, though originally I am from Germany. Would be nice to find some players from around the region or same timezone here to team up with.

I played my fair share of MK9 on PS3, but never went online with it. Now with Injustice i tried a couple of matches with mixed results, I get a lot "game session is no longer available" errors during charachter/stage selection and it takes ages to find matches either in 1on1 or ranked (I am using a cable connection on the PS3) . Is the playerbase split by region, do I get matches worldwide or only Asia Pacific Region? Most opponenmts and rooms I see are Australians.

Quick Rundown on my fighting game history as far as I can remember:

- some old stuff: Rise of the Robots 1&2, Mace the Dark Age, Turtles Tournament Fighter...
- Soul Calibur (Dreamcast)
- Soul Calibur 2 / Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance / Super Smash Bros Melee (Game Cube)
- Tekken Tag Tournament / Dead or Alive 2(PS2)
- Street Fighter 4 / Mortal Kombat / Injustice (PS3)

Greetings, sgZick.
Welcome to this land of learning, knowledge, friendly banter on various subjects, with some demands for ridiculous things, named TestYourMight.com!

The PS3 playerbase is split by region.
I am in the NTSC region (specifically the U.S.A.), so I cannot play with you if you live in a different one, unfortunately.
(Though, that doesn't matter, as I don't have I:GAU yet anyway)

sgZick

Noob
Thanks for the welcome. So are there 3 regions or 2, classical NTSC and PAL or US, EUROE, ASIA. The games sold here in Singapore are the same region-1 discs as in the US. So I am not sure where the line is drawn.

Edit: Correction the game Disc is Region 2 and looking for available rooms I see several Russians there, so PAL it is. Strange though some games are region 1 some are 2 on the local shelf...