What's new

Green Lantern vs Superman, TYM Vote!

Who will win between Green Lantern and Superman

• Total voters
Well, as expected, Superman advanced toward the Semi Final bracket, alongside him did Green Lantern, taking out Solomon Grundy and The King of Atlantis himself. Since we're getting a bit of a break next week, lets start the Votes early!

Will Green Lantern be able to bring down the Man of Steel himself? Or will we get the usual Superman vs Batman in the Grand Finals?

My vote will go toward Green Lantern, but I am very inclined to Vote for Superman just to see, Superman vs Batman!

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Supes owned Lantern in the Injustice comic, this will be no different.
He also owned lantern in the new52 JL comic, as seen above.

For real though, isn't superman one of the most, if not the most well known superhero on the planet? Look past the hardcore fans, because casuals decide who is winning, so its already a done deal.

Reedoms I've heard that the GL rings are one of "the most powerful weapons in the universe", but time and again his constructs just get fucking owned. Is there any indication of how powerful his ring is or is it left ambiguous? (Or do we go by the movie - "your constructs are only as powerful as your will" schtick?)

Reedoms

Noob
Reedoms I've heard that the GL rings are one of "the most powerful weapons in the universe", but time and again his constructs just get fucking owned. Is there any indication of how powerful his ring is or is it left ambiguous? (Or do we go by the movie - "your constructs are only as powerful as your will" schtick?)
They are the most powerful weapons in the universe, it just depends on the bearer. Hal never gives up but he isn't imaginative so he just slaps people with boxing gloves and airplanes. And like any comic, the strength of something typically depends on how the writer wants to interpret it. Like the time Deathstroke somehow was gaining control of Kyle's ring in Identity Crisis. That was some silly shit.

Hal using a guardian as a shield.jpg

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Like the time Deathstroke somehow was gaining control of Kyle's ring in Identity Crisis. That was some silly shit.
That entire fight was absurd. That BOOK was absurd except for a few things I liked about the overarching plot. As a potential Deathstroke main even I shake my head when I think of the Slade wank in that fight.

On another note, Hal of decades past is a real goofball. And that's part of why I love him.