What's new

Guide Green Lantern and the many different ways he can be played!!!

(Combos are put at the end of the guide ) Ok so I have been maining Green Lantern about two months or so, and I making this thread to better your understanding of how to pressure people with up in your face aggressiveness or being able to zone them out and be really annoying.

Starting Pressure - I think being able to always be in your opponents face and pressure him is really hard for most players to deal with, so i normally always start games with B13, Reason being is you B1 reaches so far and is really good for poke and then it combos into B13 which is really good for going into simple 24% combos or for a little more complex 35% BnB combos.

Another really cool thing about B1 is that it is a low that can go into an overhead by pressing B12 which is good when you are using B13 alot for creating combos since you opponent will be blocking low alot, the only downside to B12 is that it doesnt combo into anything but is definitely a good thing to use to throw off your opponent.

This will open up so much for you to be able to combo into when your opponent has to be crouch blocking the whole game because he is in fear of losing 25-35% of his health, so now you go into something like 223 which is a good mid starting combo for when they want to crouch and u can do the same thing to them chunk another 25-35% off their health bar.

So now you know how to pressure opponents when crouching and when standing, but what about those annoying jumpers that like to create constant cross overs and crap like that? Well this is my favorite part of Green Lantern :D

You have an ability called lantern's Might which will grab your opponent and throw him to the ground behind you, this is great because you can grab someone while they are in mid air or on the ground or whatever. So those jumpers can't block it while they are in the air or they will be in fear of losing 41% of their health.

This is for sure Green Lantern's best anti-air tactic that he has.

Next is Faking pressure.

One of the things that is really helpful is that Green Lanterns j3 if pressed late coming towards the ground actually misses the opponent which is helpful for faking overhead's and going into lows or a grab.

I also like to use J3 alot in the match to kinda get my opponent in the mindset that when i jump its a J3 so then i can follow it up with like a BF1 in mid air or something that isnt a J3 because your goal is to make him guess all the time, don't even become predictable always mix things up especially vs a character like grundy who can just punish you for messing up just by grabbing you and taking instant 35% of your health away :/ ( so salty about that grundy ).

One last thing to add here before i do combos is that B23 is a really good punisher and can be combo'ed into some high 40% combos I will put that in the combo list... But i will only put 2-4 combos in there for now because those are the ones I feel that you will need to get that 60% winrate clip and to improve upon from there.

Now on my list of things i thought would be useful is combos :D

T = Activate Trait
1 = Light attack
2 = Medium attack
3 = Heavy attack
MB = Meter Burn
J = Jump
NJ = Neutral Jump

One of my favorite combos is

B13 T DB1 223 DB1 MB B3 J2 223 Db1, This is a good One meter BnB combo i like to use, ( I dont have percentages right now but i will update soon with them)

Another good one is

223 BF1 MB DB1 MB B3 J2 223 BD1, this one is more rewarding than the other one but is also two meters and tight timing.

B23 BF1 MB B23 DB1 MB B3 J2 223 DB1. this combo is prolly my favorite punisher and I know this is in the high 40% and only uses 2 meters so this is pretty decent and isn't to bad to pull off once you got the muscle memory down.

J3 if hit later than normal can also be combo'ed

J3 DB1 MB B3 J2 223 DB1....

Well thats all I have for now but I will update with Percentages of these combos later today and also with his ability's and what they do along with his trait.

Hope this helps you improve and further understand Green Lantern and you don't have to just spam zoneing ! You can be agressive !!! :D

~Dunder_Head

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Normally you'd just go to the sub forum and post there. I guess you can ask a mod to move it. Edit: never mind it's here now.