What's new

Tech Green Arrow Breakdown

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi Guys.

I have put together a couple of videos of some findings, some of it is known, most of it is not.

This character takes allot of breaking down, and allot of conditioning. The more your opponent understands and respects, the more you can exploit. He boarders on very simple to very specific.

REGULAR ARROW - DASH TRAP:
The standing arrow has a ridiculous amount of hit advantage, its stated at +84 in the menu, although I can't trust it entirely, it has a huge hit stun. Its very simple, you cannot dash between low arrow on block at full screen, and if you follow it up with a straight arrow, you get enough dashes into F2, and it can't be blocked, it may be able to be back dash mashed, depending on the character.

BASIC LOW ARROW PRESSURE ON BLOCK: How to understand it

REVERSE THROW PRESSURE GAME:

HARD KNOCKDOWN - BACK DASH KILLER - FLAME ARROW

COME BACK FACTOR / D2 ICE ARROW RELAUNCH INTO STANDING RESET:
This combo ends with 114 on hit, to which the opponent cannot do a back dash, they either have to push block or take the string.

JUMPING ARROW SET UP: (Still being tested)

STAGE IDEAS:

D1 ARROW ON HIT: Disrespecting the advantage
After green arrow hits you with a low arrow, certain opponents don't have to respect every option you have, so it is best to know what your options are to defeating opponents who decide to back dash out of all your low arrows on hit.

So...this is a list of what you can hit the opponent with if they don't respect your advantage and decide to back dash out of your follow ups, because of various dash backs, certain characters get away with allot of disrespecting, but others have to deal with more than they would like.

The options are: F3, B3, F2, JI2, JI1, JI3 - Obviously the characters that cannot dash back from your F2 or J2 suffer the most, so hopefully this list helps.

D1 ARROW ON HIT - DASH BACK PUNISHES: (I scribbled some of this down, so please test it further and help me out if I have got anything wrong)

Batman - Hit with JI2, Blocks a JI3
Flash - Hit with a B3, Blocks a JI3
Nightwing - Blocks a JI2 - Hit by JI3, B3, F2(D1)
Cyborg - Hit by JI3 and B3
Arrow - Hit by every option, but blocks a JI2
Superman - Hit by JI2, Blocks a JI3
Raven - HIT BY EVERYTHING
Aquaman - Hit by F2, B3, F3, But blocks a JI2 and JI3
Wonder Woman - Hit by only JI2 and JI3
Hawk Girl - Hit by B3, JI3 and JI2
Shazam - Backdashes all pressure on block - but not if you dash forward into F2
Joker - Hit by F2, B3 and JI2
Harley - Hit by B3, JI3 and JI2
Grundy - Hit by B3, F3, F2(d1), But can block JI2 and JI3
Lex - Hit by everything except F3
Catwoman - Hit by B3, F3, JI3, F2D1
Deathstroke - Hit by F2(d1), F3 & B3, But he can block a JI2 and JI3
Ares - HIT BY EVERYTHING
Killer Frost - Hit by only JI2 and JI3
Doomsday - Hit by only JI3 and JI1
Sinestro - Hit by B3, JI2 and JI3
Black Adam - If forces to only block a JI2 and JI3
Bane - ESCAPES EVERYTHING WITH A BACKDASH

Hope this helps.

Thanks

COME BACK FACTOR / D2 ICE ARROW RELAUNCH INTO STANDING RESET:
This combo ends with 114 on hit, to which the opponent cannot do a back dash, they either have to push block or take the string.

@UsedForGlue
0:46 into the video you say that 111-super can only be escaped by certain super reversals and you mention it at 1:06 as well. Thats wrong information, 111-super can be backdashed by the entire cast. Other than that your videos were good.
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/how-to-escape-green-arrows-reset.33247/

UsedForGlue

@UsedForGlue
0:46 into the video you say that 111-super can only be escaped by certain super reversals and you mention it at 1:06 as well. Thats wrong information, 111-super can be backdashed by the entire cast. Other than that your videos were good.
Thanks man.

I need all the help I can with my information, as I am testing it myself with the AI record function, and it isn't the best.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Everyone sleeps on normal arrows and says they need more damage. I've been using them for all types of fucked up frame traps and they're really good.

Good info glue.

UsedForGlue

@UsedForGlue
what about 11 super on hit? even if it is technically escapable with a backdash, it seems to dash back right into it, and you cant move forward, dash forward or jump.

Not sure if they back dash can null it?

zaf

professor
Great stuff UsedForGlue
Great work, even though I dont play GA or even the game really I will still be checking out all of these videos to stay up to date.

Just wish there were more players like yourself. Who produce quality information rather then spewing garbage.

keep up the good stuff bro

edit: you want a sticky on this ?

UsedForGlue

Yea, i have to remake the super combo video as it was brought to my attention that 111 super can be back dashed, albeit not very easily.

But apart from that, if you could sticky it, that would be great.

UsedForGlue

By the way guys, I could be wrong with a few things, as my testing method is the AI on hit stun and hit advantage, so I have to record everything to the frames everything actually will be in once I start blocking it with the other character.

This all seems to be work and I have tested it as much as I can, so please let me know if any of this doesn't work, It's an on going process, and the more it is tested, then the more we can guarantee everything.

I have a video about B13 on block, and I might have a specific use for the electric arrows. Il keep adding to this thread.

MK_Al

Noob
what about 11 super on hit? even if it is technically escapable with a backdash, it seems to dash back right into it, and you cant move forward, dash forward or jump.

Not sure if they back dash can null it?

I don't see any way to get out of either 11 x x super or 111 xx super on hit. At least when playing with the AI...

Oh and btw, great guide so far!

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
LOVING the dash trap and fire arrow usage. VERY different play than the norm here. Glad you stickied this because I would have. Someone tweet this to Chris G as he could use that fire arrow bit for his option select game.

Talyn

The Mad_Hattr
Get a recorder, and then I vote he commentate ALL GA vids, specifically for that accent! Awesome vids, Glue!!