What's new

Tech - Goro Goro Anti-Wakeup corner setup

Credit to @EGP Wonder_Chef for originally finding this setup

So imagine that but optimized and done against more common/troublesome wakeups.... which brings us to this!

(dunno how tym deals with linking playlists)

I would've tested the entire cast but I got sucked into playing like 60+ games on chef's stream. Scorpion's EN Teleport was the single wakeup I tested that straight up beat this setup. Kitana's Assassin Strike can potentially fuck with it if you do any other normal that wasn't the one I used against it. So like yeah, corner game with Goro made slightly better and you don't have to try relying on kinda-works-but-not-always meaty 3D3.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I like it.

I don't give a damn about it as an Unbreakable Sub-Zero, but I like it.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I have been doing this for around 2 weeks honestly, so nothing new for me :p

I'm still trying to find what wakeups can be consistently stuffed using 3d3 though...it looks unreliable :/

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Yeah but don't EX moves have invincibility frames?

Well why am I asking when I can try it myself lol. I'll test and tell you what happens.
If you are referring to Sonyas parry I would never recommend that move on wake up. slow start up. EX is I think 2 Frames faster.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
This is probably the most helpful post on this forum right now and it's so under the radar lol. Been using it almost every match. Thanks.

Very good tech only problem is characters with perrys can realllly screw up goros game especially with the fact that just about all of his strings are highs and mids. thats the only thing to really look out for.
edit
Spoke to soon lol

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Been doing this forever, didn't think much of it.

Cool that you're spreading the info though!

This is honestly one of Goro's best traits, he probably destroys wake-ups better than any other character in the game right now.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Have you had a chance to test it against Jacqui's MB.bf1? Since it's quick and passes through you, I was curious if this still beat it out. Also ggs yesterday!

DabJr 187

Twitter NE_8a_DabJr & Twitch NE_8A_DabJr
oooh my god i didn't even know Goro got love on these discussion threads you dudes are awesome

Credit to @EGP Wonder_Chef for originally finding this setup

So imagine that but optimized and done against more common/troublesome wakeups.... which brings us to this!

(dunno how tym deals with linking playlists)

I would've tested the entire cast but I got sucked into playing like 60+ games on chef's stream. Scorpion's EN Teleport was the single wakeup I tested that straight up beat this setup. Kitana's Assassin Strike can potentially fuck with it if you do any other normal that wasn't the one I used against it. So like yeah, corner game with Goro made slightly better and you don't have to try relying on kinda-works-but-not-always meaty 3D3.
cage you have a ps4 right? i believe i played you a day or two ago

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
vs. Scorpion being EX teleport happy, you replace the EX Punchwalk for a EX Stomp. It's less damage but it has the added advantage of being a hard knockdown and you're near corner.

Either you armor the first hit and stomp them descending or you hit them out of the teleport and hit them for 14%. Is it optimal damage? Nope, but it defends vs. Teleport. This is just a way to stuff that shit out so you can maintain EX Punchwalk anti-wakeup.