What's new

good news for any TE madcatz stick owners, regarding MK

The convex buttons and odd placement of the run button is well a little odd. But still cool for people who already own the SF IV stick.

I think its cool, I have a SFIV TE but I still preorder the MK tournament stick because call me crazy but for me its not MK without Happs

X820

Noob
I saw this on Twitter earlier today, the convex buttons are a plus I think, the curved placement just seems odd to me.

"We swayed the buttons towards the side, giving it more of a japanese curved feel."

"So, pretty much, if you want the full, American mortal kombat feel."

lol...

I've tried playing MK on my SFIV TE stick and the layout as well as the sanwa parts didn't feel right with mk. As everyone else is saying the layout on this is odd. its slanted like the japanese layout... only MK. wow.

Dark_Rob

Noob
I think its important to remember that this stick is not for us, this stick is for Street Fighter players that want to play MK9 and in that respect this is a good move by madcatz.
We of course have been playing MK for years and only the true MK layout with Happ sticks and buttons will do for us.

Lets take a look at the run button placement first. Yes to us it looks odd. It looks odd to us because we use our thumb on the run button and this placement is to high to do that comfortably.
But Street Fighter players dont use they're thumb, they arent even used to using they're thumb. I at least understand why Markman would place the run button in a way that SF fighter players could still use they're index fingers comfortably.

This is a good thing for us believe it or not. The vast majority of tournament attendees are SF players and many of them are stick players.( Just watch any stream and you'll see sticks everywhere) Also many have expressed interest in playing MK9. So this is actually a good way to help us attract those players.

I see the value in making this, but of course to us the PDP T.E. stick will still be the way to go for long time MK players.

Dark_Rob said:
I think its important to remember that this stick is not for us, this stick is for Street Fighter players that want to play MK9 and in that respect this is a good move by madcatz.
We of course have been playing MK for years and only the true MK layout with Happ sticks and buttons will do for us.

Lets take a look at the run button placement first. Yes to us it looks odd. It looks odd to us because we use our thumb on the run button and this placement is to high to do that comfortably.
But Street Fighter players dont use they're thumb, they arent even used to using they're thumb. I at least understand why Markman would place the run button in a way that SF fighter players could still use they're index fingers comfortably.

This is a good thing for us believe it or not. The vast majority of tournament attendees are SF players and many of them are stick players.( Just watch any stream and you'll see sticks everywhere) Also many have expressed interest in playing MK9. So this is actually a good way to help us attract those players.

I see the value in making this, but of course to us the PDP T.E. stick will still be the way to go for long time MK players.
Well said, couldn't agree more!

Dark_Rob

Noob
GoldenOreos said:
I don't see why they couldn't make a panel like konqrr has
Because Konqrr has a true UMK3 layout on his T.E.( or close to it) and as I said this stick isnt for us. Its for the majority of players who have a T.E. and are used to the street fighter layout.
Markman is a brilliant guy and he knows the vast majority of tournament goers and just FG players in general are more used to the SF 6 button 3 over 3 layout.

What he has done is found a balance between this layout and the MK layout that should make it easier for players from other games to transition to Mortal Kombat.

Markman has always been a huge supporter of the fighting game community and believe me this is no different. He is only helping us by doing this. He is making it easier for more players to give MK9 a shot and I applaud and thank him for that.

dubson

Noob
Completely agree with Dark Rob,

this is for SF players transitioning to MK, not the other way around. if your that old school or stubborn fine, just buy theirs. but this may be for the first time in a long time that the japanese may even play this game... its nice to have an option for everyone.

one thing IS known though, and that is the madcatz sticks are very durable and very interchangable, these new sticks could be ass. you can literally customize the madcatz stick to whatever stick you want, and its easy!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Did this myself today! i am so proud of me, even tho my kids coulda done it LOL

bat top, circle gate thingy and classic MK color scheme ACTIVATE!!

dubson

Noob
damn that looks great tim.

so easy his kids can do it he says.

i recommend anyone wanting a stick for this game that has one of these to just do this mod to save some cash.

im pretty acclimated with sticks but even people that arent shouldnt notice a difference of the run button. i dont think its that weird, but tim you tried her out on mame at all?

btw still reppin chipotle i see... lmao!

Tim Static

Adminerator
dubson said:
damn that looks great tim.

so easy his kids can do it he says.

i recommend anyone wanting a stick for this game that has one of these to just do this mod to save some cash.

im pretty acclimated with sticks but even people that arent shouldnt notice a difference of the run button. i dont think its that weird, but tim you tried her out on mame at all?

btw still reppin chipotle i see... lmao!
reppin Chipotle FOR LIFE!! haha

But yea, these sanwas are snap in's so its easy as pie. I even changed the restrictor plate by watching a instructional vid toodles made. its EASY! :p

with MK9, you wont need that "run" button much because it serves as the tag button for 2v2. also, if you are able to get the TE MK9 bundle, its still a better deal with the game and stick, with nothing else to buy or mod right out of the box for less $

dubson

Noob
Tim Static said:
if you are able to get the TE MK9 bundle, its still a better deal with the game and stick, with nothing else to buy or mod right out of the box for less $
very very true

dubson

Noob
its a better deal for someone without one of these TE's yes but this was just to show to everyone and to reach out to more players, not everyone wants to play on one of those sticks bundle sticks