What's new

Good character for someone new to MK9

Kraiden

Step aside!
Hey guys,

I'm new here and new to MK9, but not new to fighting games, I just only ever played SF4 online.
Fighting games I've played before: SF2, KI, MK, MK2, Tekken 3 and SF4.

I got the game on the vita and looking to woop some asses online and get good with one character.
I am looking for a character that is good for a new player to begin with but keeps being good when I get better with him and get the hang of the combo's and reset executions.
I just don't want to start out with a character that's hard to master compared to other characters.

Characters I like: Scorp, Sub, Ermac, Noob, Smoke, Skarlet, Stryker, Kano and Kabal.

Thanks.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Lead Moderator
CAGE

F3, F3, F3, F3, repeat.

On a serious side, out of those characters that you like try playing Smoke, Ermac, Sub-Zero, and Kabal. You can learn much about this game by playing all 4 of those guys.

Espio

Kokomo
Scorpion, Sub-Zero,Liu Kang, and Cage come to mind.

Additionally, I don't think it's hard to pick up most of the cast, so you could play whomever you want and with enough experience do fine.

My best advice is for you to try ALL the characters you're interested in to determine who you like best.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Kitana is not easy compared to Liu Kang and Sub.

But I recommend Cage because he is pretty simple and a high tier character at the same time

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I'd strongly suggest Liu Kang. He's pretty darn easy to pick up, and he can hold his own once you move up in the skill department.

I'd suggest Cage secondly, he's probably the easiest to pick up.

(Pick Liu! Pick Liu!)

Kraiden

Step aside!
Cool, thanks guys. I'll try Liu.
Also perhaps gonna try Smoke but not sure if he's too hard with the timing on his resets.

EDIT: Lol Squeaker101, I just noticed Liu is your fav char, that's why you probably said that! :eek:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Johnny Cage because he teaches you good footsies, anti airing, pressure.

And let's face it, he is the easiest character to pick up.