What's new

General/Other - Ermac Good chance of Ermac having a King Jerrod variation

WannaGetNutsLetsGetNuts

It. Is. Glorious!
Let's take a look at Ermac's bio:

"As punishment for resisting Shao Kahn’s claim to the realm of Edenia, the souls of the vanquished were torn from their bodies and fused together to form the being now known as Ermac. Bent to Shao Kahn’s will, Ermac is his foremost enforcer. The essences of so many souls bound together give Ermac immense telekinetic power–an advantage that will destroy Earthrealm’s resistance to Shao Kahn’s rule."

So what Ermac is comprised of is the very best Edenia had to offer during Edenia's very own ten Mortal Kombat tournaments held around 10,000 years ago during the time of Kitana's birth.

Edenia's "chosen ones" failed ten times along with King Jerrod only to be killed and their souls collected to be forced into becoming a sole warrior fighting in the name of their murderer against their will.

Skip ahead to Ermac's ending:

Much like Ermac's ending, Shao Kahn is dead in the current story as well, likely following the same scenario.

If there is a King Jerrod variation, how would it play?

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
In malibu comics, King Jerrod was displayed having a sword and some sort of magic immunity, idk how that would play, maybe as weapon stance. On other side Ermac's weapon was an axe.

WannaGetNutsLetsGetNuts

It. Is. Glorious!
You do realise that arcade mode endings are non canon right?
I think it's best to describe the endings as "what ifs" rather than "non canon".

Such as the concept of Noob Saibot being the elder Sub-Zero originated from this ending:

We know Sub-Zero wasn't killed, but the story reveal stayed the same.

I think it's a similar situation here, the endings are more windows into where the story is going, but the exact circumstances are off on most.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I think it's best to describe the endings as "what ifs" rather than "non canon".

Such as the concept of Noob Saibot being the elder Sub-Zero originated from this ending:

We know Sub-Zero wasn't killed, but the story reveal stayed the same.

I think it's a similar situation here, the endings are more windows into where the story is going, but the exact circumstances are off on most.
That's sort of how I interpreted it..

Alternate Endings basically.