What's new

Going Too Far???

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I've been in love with fighting games since I threw my first fireball in Sf back in the day, and personally I've been enjoying the 'Fighting Game Renaissance' that we've been seeing since Sf4. 3d characters in 2d environments seems to be working on many levels, (although we all know of the issues with some games) and games like Skull Girls show us new beautiful potential that 2d sprites can have in HD. I think its also worth while to point out that with access to technology, along with the passion to create, people are starting to make some pretty amazing game content on their own , I'll cite the awesome MK HD Mugen project as an example:

With all of the new found attention in the FGC, I'm curious what people think about the direction we are headed. Is it good to be in the public eye, are fighting games suitable for mass consumption? Or are we trending in a direction we weren't expecting:

I'm personally excited whenever I see EVERY new game, no matter how small or large, or how serious or ridiculous the project is. My response to all of the attention and limelight in the FGC is simply BRING THE NOISE, COMPETITION BREEDS STRONGER COMPETITORS for both players and developers.

Cheers :)