What's new

Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters

A pretty decent fighter for Super Famicon/SNES. Sadly we never got it state side. I'm not good at fighters, never have been but I know enough to know when I'm playing a good one. This is worthy of tournaments. Even if you're not a fan of the Godzilla films or giant monsters in general I would still suggest this game if you like fighting games with a decent learning curve.

It plays a lot like Street Fighter just slower so if you can pull off a Hadoken then you can do an Atomic Breath or Gravity Beam or Eye Laser or Acid Puke.

NOTE: I was taking care of my mothers dogs while she was out of town and they were being pretty bad while I was recording these. Also I might come off as a whiney bitch, sorry about that. XD

peachyO

Noob
i remember being so sad as a little boy that this game never made it to the states. it looks great!! if you are interested, the sequels were indeed released here...godzilla: destroy all monsters melee for the gamecube, and godzilla: save the eart for ps2 and xbox.

Played them. They're okay except for Godzilla: Unleashed. That game could have been amazing but no, Atari selfed out an unfinished game.

SZSR

Noob
Played them. They're okay except for Godzilla: Unleashed. That game could have been amazing but no, Atari selfed out an unfinished game.
gdf

While they didn't ruin the game, the game didn't need Obsidius and Krystalak, and the reskins were dumb (G90's and G54). They did make some guys a bit more badass like Kiryu. But god that game was buggy as hell, I remember not being able to finish Megaguirus' tutorial, this is why i'm a bit more forgiving on the stuff MK9 has than most other members here.

gdf

Noob
It really was just community input that fucked up the polish on the game. From what I remember, they said the community convinced them to add 10 more characters, however being on a strict deadline, shit got fucked up. The game could have been much better, but it wasn't.

I just hope someone really good like Nether Realm or Rocksteady can make a AAA+ Godzilla game in the future. The franchise has been around for almost 60 years and most of the games are shit, it deserves better then that.

Anyways, while GDAM for the SNES is fun I overall like the presentation of Godzilla: Battle Legend for the Turbo Duo better. It's like a movie mode going from the first foes from the 50's, 60's, and 70's and slowly working up to the latest (at the time) foes from the 80's and 90's.