What's new

Question - Kotal Kahn God Ray Bugged?

MadMagician86

This One is unimpressed
I keep getting God Ray when trying to special cancel B14. My inputs are clean in practice mode and negative edge is off. Anyone else having this problem?

MadMagician86

This One is unimpressed
I hold back through the 1 and the 4. Let go to special cancel. But my directional inputs for the special are cleanly after the 14 everytime. I don't know why holding back through the 14 would be he problem but I'll try releasing it earlier.

MadMagician86

This One is unimpressed
Release check is off. And tapping B1 and then 4 doesn't fix it. It doesn't happen when I slow down my inputs so I guess that's the fix. But I kind of feel like I shouldn't have to worry about that. If release check is off I shouldn't ever get it no matter how fast I'm doing my inputs.

MadMagician86

This One is unimpressed
I'm canceling into Air Takedown. No worries though. It's clearly something in my execution if no one else is having the problem. I'll work through it. Thanks for the advice.

I have that issue too but with all possible strings/characters.
B14 ex pizza: B1 + X ray etc. Lol.

Or 114 airthrow: 11 god ray.
With hellfire 114 teleport: 11 flame aura.

That will happen if the input is too fast. Need to slow the special cancel a little bit down after inputting the string (or do everything a bit slower need to feel the timing). When i get the god ray i know that in the heat of the battle I do it too fast.

Sux and annoying (at least to me) but thats it now since last September (despite the fact that release check is OFF off course).

Last edited:

MadMagician86

This One is unimpressed
I've had the problem with the Xray coming out instead of the EX Sundisk as well. As said slowing down inputs is the solution. It's a good habit anyways. It's helping me with my confirms which is one of my weak points.